ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What age where you when.....

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
^ Agree with last post on pg4. As long as you are carful with money its affordable.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
At the end of the day, its a Clio and not a Ferrari or something like that so they are affordable to pretty much anyone.
Luckily I had the cash to buy it outright so managed to get an ok-ish price and did have my old car as part ex (all be it a 1.1i lol).

Liquid yellow R26 F1
d.brown said:
i have to admit... i don't think owning a 'renaultsport' is a milestone.

maybe if i had a V6... but not just a 2.0.

agree about the milestone.. maybe good.. but still a Clio..

disagree about the V6 though.. looks ok.. but don't think that's a milestone either.. LOL.

Flame suit on...:)

MINI JCW
16vClio said:
Not really....still a student....tho part time job doesn't pay too badly..

How do you afford 12-13k to buy it, insuring it and running it on a part time job whilst still a student

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
gazcaddy said:
How do you afford 12-13k to buy it, insuring it and running it on a part time job whilst still a student

Al gets a good wage! Plus his part time doggin or 2student" as he likes to call it pays well too.

Finance is the key to buyina car now a days, any tom dick and harry can have a nice car...It's affordable so why not.

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
ColinG said:
19 with 172 cup, 20 with v6..

the cup was more fun!

colin how could you afford to buy / insure the clio v6 at 20??

i dont know how you did it but thats a good effort

197-I love!!!
I hate to say I think I'm the oldest so far but I don't care-I love it-A 182 with Cup packs -Nov2004 and I was 54 then!!!

An orange one
traded in the cup for the vee, got a superb trade in price and financed £6k on the vee, over 3.5 years which i expect to keep it, very good monthly payments too!

insurance is a ball ache...zenith £2540 but before you all panic, this was in monthly instalments and only from last november till this april, when it drops to £1650 when im 21, so only 2 more expensive months to go!

although..as i said..the cup was a far safer/easier/less scary to drive fast

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
16 wen i got a lil plastic 1, 17 got a 1.2, and.........................................................................................................when i got the real thing

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
had a clio mk1 1.4rt at 17- loved it
at 18 moved to a saxo mk2 vtr- handle on rails
at 20 for some reason got a e46 bmw 318ise- bored me to death

had to get into hot hatches and no better way then a mk1 172- raw power :evil:

RenaultSport Clio 182
I bought my 182 at 21 but was very lucky that I did a year's work placement while at Uni and then blew the money I earnt on the car, oops!

I didn't think anyone would insure me if I was under 21, I know some insurance companies don't discriminate against age but the premium would be huge. I'm amazed at how some of you guys are 19 and 20 and running a 182 but I would have been if I could!