ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what amp should i use for this

i have an SPLX amp at the min :oops: and it keeps going into protection mode i am running a 12" kenwood db+ amp of it with the following specs:

Enclosure type subwoofer,Ø 30 cm

New PBO silver Tornado shape woofer cone

Peak power: 1200 W

Sensitivity: 93 dB

Frequency response: 20 ~ 600 Hz

Mounting depth: 155 mm

Voice coil: 4 Ohm

Enclosure size sealed: 28.3 l

Enclosure ported: 42.5 l

Port size: Ø 76 mm x 178 mm

Strontium ferrite magnet: 1.500 gr

Weight: 5.520 gr

One piece rubber wide surround
Enclosure type subwoofer,Ø 30 cm

New PBO silver Tornado shape woofer cone

Peak power: 1200 W

Sensitivity: 93 dB

Frequency response: 20 ~ 600 Hz

Mounting depth: 155 mm

Voice coil: 4 Ohm

Enclosure size sealed: 28.3 l

Enclosure ported: 42.5 l

Port size: Ø 76 mm x 178 mm

Strontium ferrite magnet: 1.500 gr

Weight: 5.520 gr

One piece rubber wide surround

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Polo + Micra

that is really bad cos they dont give the RMS power of that sub on the kenwood web site.

most of the time when they use peak power you can divide it by 4 to get the RMS power.

so you could get a 2ch amp that can be bridged to give about 400w RMS, or get a mono amp that can do 400w RMS into 4 ohms

^ thats not the best rule, it can vary hugly, companies can distort things to get a higher max rating, like in amps 1000watt amps puching 100rms like wise with subs. but its usually between 3/4 and 1/4!!!

Polo + Micra

:confused: so are you saying he should get a more/less powerful amp??

1200w peak usually = 600w max = 300w RMS.

i picked a 400w amp so you would not need to push it into clipping to get any sound out of the sub

ok i bought a new jbl 600w amp today only thing is i still cant get the sub to work! i ahve checkd all the cables etc and cant see what it is does any one know

id say go for an amp that gives about 300rms at 4ohms - say a vibe vp2, pick them up for about £60 and they are surpirsingly good for vibe IMO (well there new stuff is getting better)

i have a vipe vp2 running 2 300w subs it works fine.. not that anyone cares..

s33ano have you connected the blue remote lead? from teh amp to the head unit? loads of peopl leave that out.. check the connection from teh sub to the connection part on the box.. one of teh wires may be broke

i have installed my new jblGTO 4000 4 channel 600w today and fitted some new infinity 5000cs component front speakers and they work fine but i got an rca splitter and put the sub on the 3rd channel and i get something now but its a bad something just a little wheeze, have i blown it?

i have 1 channel; 800 w amp would i be able to connect that up and run my sub of that on ots own? if i could how do i wire that up allready having one wired.

help me lol money is running short now :cry:

oh n thanks everyone that has helped(y)

Polo + Micra

yeah use the other amp itll probably sound better with a little more power.
just split the power cables and remote and use the rca spliter to go to that amp.
800w RMS or peak/max???

600 watt max mate. i am guttid coz i av jus built a custom boot install and had my dad who is a proffesional interior cover it in red and black leather for me looks pretty sweet!

Polo + Micra

well it may be that you have a high pass filter on.
try connecting up just the sub to the amp with the rcas straight from the h/u.

Polo + Micra

is it music coming out? that sounds awful or really quiet

or it might be interferance(sp?)
did you run the power cables and the rcas on the oppersite side of the car?

it sounds both awfull and quiet mate and i used the origional cables of the old amp which runs on the opposite sides of the car