ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are these?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I am new to phtography and was taking some quick pics of the car today. Got these wierd light reflections on some of the pictures with longer exposures, is it just dirt on the lens or am i doing something wrong, or is it the neighbours light?

SG100623.jpg

SG100624.jpg

Thanks
Mike

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Google "lens glare" or "lens flare" lots of articles.
Cheers, didn't know what to google for it really.

Hoods seem a popular solution, ive got them but wasn't using them but not sure if they would help in this case?

Mike

Rally bus
Cheers, didn't know what to google for it really.

Hoods seem a popular solution, ive got them but wasn't using them but not sure if they would help in this case?

Mike

Using a hood will probably help and also altering your angle of shooting so you haven't got any bright lights too near you.

Are you using any filters? Sometimes filters can cause strange reflection effects due to light bouncing around between the filter and lens glass - I always take filters off when shooting rallying at night.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Using a hood will probably help and also altering your angle of shooting so you haven't got any bright lights too near you.

Are you using any filters? Sometimes filters can cause strange reflection effects due to light bouncing around between the filter and lens glass - I always take filters off when shooting rallying at night.
Yer got a filter on for protection mainly, thought it may have something to do with it due to having a glare shadow sort of thing.

Will try with it off and a hood next time.