ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What BHP Am I Running?

2002 Cup172
Right im just tryin to get some rough idea what bhp i have in my cup.

I've got an 02 Cup172,

MODS:-

CDA / BMC - Induction Kit, On a Samco Bend.
K-Tec Straight Through De-cat. (standard for the rest tryin to keep it quiet)
Polished and Bored out throttle body, with all throttle body flap remade to fill the hole, and everything countersunk and levelled.
Bosch Super 4 plugs.
Magnicor KV85 compition leads.
Group-N ECU.

Any rough guesses will be welcome.

Im sure some1 on here must have a closeish set-up i hope.

Only askin as where i'm from we dont have a rollin road. So id have to get my car on for two hours b4 drivin and tryin to find one in the south somewhere.

Cheers in advance.

Focus RS Mk1
realistically parhaps 175 ish. as said, they dont make std power most of the time!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol! What have you done to the TB? :S

Put it on a dyno and find out!!? CS advice/opinion is about a reliable as a homemade condom!

2002 Cup172
basically, i had the lips inside the throttle body taken off so in theory made the bore larger and the flap remade larger to fill the bore.

Then used countersunk screws to screw it back on the soldered the screw slot and ground it down so everything inside the throttle body is smooth and little will disrtupt the air flow.

Same principal as doin the Inlet Manifold.

Just haven't done them yet.

Very broken 172 cup
how long is a piece of string. depends on how the car has been looked after and treated in the past. it could have loads of mods but ifs its been nailed daily, with little oil which is years old by someone who loves riding the clutch it wouldnt be even close to one of the same spec which has been loved and nurcherd throughout its life

2002 Cup172
It been thrashed since day 1 i'd expect but has been very well serviced by 3 of it's 4 owners.

for the past 4 years it's been serviced every few thousand miles and cambelts and everythin done. regular oil water and level checks.

The only thing i have found with it is the engine mounts are shite and somehow always come loose every few months? dont know why.

lol! What have you done to the TB? :S

Put it on a dyno and find out!!? CS advice/opinion is about a reliable as a homemade condom!

giant-condom1.jpg

Here is one i made earlier ! :eek:

will not of made a huge amount of difference mate to be honest, if you want power you wil need to look at spending more ££ - ITB's, Supercharger, Low boost turbo kit etc.

Italian 3.2 V6
If i was you, i wouldn't think what bhp u hav in total, but what bhp u have made adding the mods u have.. Tbh I'd say 3-8bhp... Only way forward to make proper bhp is as said already, itb's etc, 30bhp extra..

Even though at the end of the day, it's wether U can feel the difference and are happy with the results you have from what you have done..

NA engines are pointless tunning bhp wise unless you go full hog!

2002 Cup172
not going to spend ££££'s it would be easier to buy a quicker car tbh.

was just tryin to get some rough idea.

Was thinking at least i would be upto about 185 (assuming it has 172 as stated. but working on the theory it has)

2002 Cup172
If i was you, i wouldn't think what bhp u hav in total, but what bhp u have made adding the mods u have.. Tbh I'd say 3-8bhp... Only way forward to make proper bhp is as said already, itb's etc, 30bhp extra..

Even though at the end of the day, it's wether U can feel the difference and are happy with the results you have from what you have done..

NA engines are pointless tunning bhp wise unless you go full hog!

and apart from the first few posts, thanks by the way.

P4ers,,,, Cheers some1 actually who can just give a straight answer.
is it worth doin the inlets, I'll do them myself and just match to the gaskets?

Italian 3.2 V6

No prob M8. But tbh with you dude, I haven't had my 172 ITB'd yet but am going to be getting it done very soon soon (going to fit it myself). But from what I hear, have read and have spoken to people who have ITB's, it's well worth the money, and for the gains which are usually 30bhp I can imagin it's quite a good punch of power for the weight of the 172, especially if it's Lost weight then by figures your laughing! Can get between 190 - 200bhp per ton easy by just fitting ITB's from standard! Which tbfh, IS quick!! Plus they are supposed to be very vert reliable if fitted correctly..

Defo look into it, I wouldn't waste Any Time or Money on any other engine Mods tbh

Cheers, piers.

Italian 3.2 V6
^^^^ oops LOL, read your reply wrong sorry :( haha what a plonker I Am, (don't help I am On the iPhone)

Inlets are worth the Money if your standard ones are bad, so I have read..

not going to spend ££££'s it would be easier to buy a quicker car tbh.

was just tryin to get some rough idea.

Was thinking at least i would be upto about 185 (assuming it has 172 as stated. but working on the theory it has)

The thing is, its 172ps, so that 169 bhp iirc. Most standard engines done make this figure, mine made 158bhp standard, so its a tought starting point :)

I just lost weight :)

53 Clio's & counting

unless you have the right cutting tools i would get them pro done fella, its not just the inlet faces that get matched, alot more complicated than that

again id say you will have between 142-150 bhp@ the wheels

and yes the inlets are def worth doing

2002 Cup172
inlets getting done next then.

my car is def better then standard just not so violent now on the cam kick at 5g rpm.

but shed loads more pull from 3 till bout 6500 rpm.

unfortunatly cant put the cup on too much of a diet, she's my little work car, and looney machine.

only weight ive managed to loose is a couple of kg due to carbon fibre.