ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What clay bar and where from?

'18 Megane dci
I have everything I need for a cleanse/wax/polish this weekend apart from one of these clay bars. Where can I buy one and what brand do I buy ?(don't want to end up buying the wrong stuff and being forced to make an ashtray with it!)

Dave. :D

^^All clay will do the same job mate :) There are differing grades however so go for a mild one, megs from halfords is a good one.

FWIW Clay is clay is clay - all made under license by clay magic and sold under different brand names

106 GTi
The Blue 3m stuff works well if any bodyshop/paint suppliers local to you have any, plus its fairly cheap as it doesnt have any qd with it.

Brazo you should be with the wife not on here ;)

106 GTi
As Brazo said, as long as your not getting the aggressive bodyshop overspray clay, all work pretty much the same. Results are spot on though, as long as its not to cold as others have found out.

I use either the blue 3M stuff or the Megs Quik Clay, as its easy to get hold off.

Megane 225 Arctic Blue
r-jay said:
Results are spot on though, as long as its not to cold as others have found out.

Will agree with that. Make sure you warm the clay up well!
AND make sure you fold the clay regularly to get a fresh surface.
I have the results of doing it the wrong way.... :rolleyes:

Andrew

106 GTi
Also chop the bar into half or thirds, that way if one bit starts to get really grimey or you drop it on the floor you have not wasted a whole bar.