ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What DA's are everyone using now a days?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
3m is a rotary Kane and is the lightest model available iirc.

I used a G220 Ali. I love DA's they are so useful for glazing and cleansing the paint.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's not for me, i've got a Porter Cable. But i wouldn't recommend one purely for the 240-110v converter pisch and the vibrations.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that put me off one.

The das-6's seem very good with little complaints. They are all pretty much just rebranded anyway.

172 RS Ph1
I have a DAP 500 and DAP 900, they come from the same factory as the Kestral and DAS machine's but are upgraded with a better end-bearing, longer powercord, different contra-weight for less noise and vibration, better cooling gaps, nicer finish around the buttons and 2 years of warrenty instead of one. They also come with the carrying bag, a side + D-handle and 2 extra sets of coal brushes.

DAP500V2.gif

M135i
I'm still rocking a PC. It does the job, I wouldnt mind something more powerful but I don't use it enough to spend the cash on it.

db

db detailing™
On my 2nd G220 now... will get something different when that goes wrong!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
i have the das 6 pro very big thumbs up from me. its pretty much the exact same power etc as the g220 just cheaper because its not got meguires printed on the side ;)
also havent had any problems with it so far (touches wood)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Still using the trusty Porter Cable 7424 Ali.

Does the job.......no fuss.
Still working from when I bought the Monaco 172.
Had it 4 yr or so now.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got a DAS-6 arriving next week. I've only ever used a Halfords polisher so is it fairly safe or do you need to take a bit of care when using it?

197 Albi Blue
I've got a DAS-6 arriving next week. I've only ever used a Halfords polisher so is it fairly safe or do you need to take a bit of care when using it?

DA is very safe...If i can use one anyone can tbh. Just make sure you tape up everything you dont want to polish, such as door handles, window trims, badges etc