ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do people use

GW 200T
What do people use to blacken the blacken trim on the exterior of the cars ie wing mirrors,rub strips
And what do people use to remove light scratches

J

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Re: What do peopel use

Black trim - back to black but if very bad ie grey use a heat gun

Scratches - megs scratch x

172 cup- suzu rf600r

ye back to black, i buy mines in tesco, their own brand pish which is cheap enough to just slap on ;)

for scratches theres billions of products, do a search to find the 'best'

"Navy" N17 TWO

For the last few shots I've taken of the car I've used Photoshop :eek:

To remove stains, yes.

Black trim - I use to use Chem Guys New Look Trim Gel. I now use GTechniq C4.

Scratches - where, how bad, do you have a machine... etc.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Black trim - back to black but if very bad ie grey use a heat gun

Scratches - megs scratch x

What?? What does the heat gun do?! Melt it.

CG - new look trim, Aerospace 303, Blackfire.

Scratches....Swissvax cleaner fluid.

ZED TEA
Don't use a heat gun! very bad idea seen many melted panels from this method, just use a back to black type product. apply each time when you wash your car and after about 5 applications it should stay black for at least 6 months.. i found the cheep stuff from motorworld works fine.. :rasp:

Don't use a heat gun! very bad idea seen many melted panels from this method, just use a back to black type product. apply each time when you wash your car and after about 5 applications it should stay black for at least 6 months.. i found the cheep stuff from motorworld works fine.. :rasp:

Clearly people who lack intelligence! The heat gun does work if the trim does is really buggered.

I think ill try the heat gun, the trim on my back bumper has gone grey and nothing works to get it black again. Either that or a new one.

I think i might just colour code mine, it is honestly knackered, it has a smooth feeling to it where as the other trim on my car is a bit more rough and does go black again with my smartgel.