ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you reckon?

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Just looked on Ebay and there is a 2002 172 cup with 68,000 miles (alot i know) but its not going for much. It has a full service history and has a new cambelt and exhaust. What do you reckon? Do you think it will be ok? Anyone out there with high milers on an 02 plate?

Golf GTI 1.8T
cambelt is due at 70k iirc, so if its been done along with the rest of the service should be fine. not exactly high miles, just a lot for the age.

Black R26, Iceburg 172
The guy has said i can have it for 5k but i haven't seen the car. Just worried there might be something wrong if he is willing to sell that low.

Maz

LY 200
Chance you take with ebay :( I wouldn't have the guts to part with that much cash without seeing the car but I guess thats cause I am a pussy .. ;) lol

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Yeah but if it doesn't match up with the description then i think i have the right to pull out. Also he doesn't live far away from me and he has said i can have a test drive but the auction ends tonight so haven't got time :( The reserve isn't met yet anyway so hopefully it wont sell on ebay and i can just go through the process privately and get a proper look at it.

SLK 350
^By nature my dear.

68K is fk all, if its been looked after. Just check to make sure the cambelt is done, otherwise tell him to knock £300 off it. But i too would want to drive it before parting with cash.

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Ive spoken to him on the phone and he said he got the cambelt and exhaust done to try and help with the sale as he needs the money quickley for a house he is buying. Seemed genuine but you never know do ya :S

SLK 350
Then for personally i'd be pleased. But don't be put off by the milage, plenty of life in that car yet...and it will be quicker for it!

Black R26, Iceburg 172
I might just go for it and hope for the best. Wish me luck. Although i might come to my senses soon! Hoping it wont sell today and then i will have a chance to look at it first.

No more clio's for me!
Maz said:
Chance you take with ebay :( I wouldn't have the guts to part with that much cash without seeing the car but I guess thats cause I am a pussy .. ;) lol

lol...i bid and paid for my car (cash transfer to a bank account) before i even saw it/drove it and that was from ebay! stupid i know, but worked out well, as i got a little minter! :)

Black R26, Iceburg 172
dannyboy172 said:
lol...i bid and paid for my car (cash transfer to a bank account) before i even saw it/drove it and that was from ebay! stupid i know, but worked out well, as i got a little minter! :)

That gives me hope and a bit more confidence. Fingers crossed ill get the same result as you did.