ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you use to dry your car?

A4 Avant & A3
I've always used a chamois leather to dry my cars, but keep thinking of getting a drying towel (whatever they're called) hoping that it'll make life slightly easier.
What do you guys use?
Also anyone know of good websites to get a drying towel from?

A4 Avant & A3
waffle weave.. you say, where do you get them from? (i havn't seen anything other than chamois's in local shops)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
an old tea towel, amazing, i used to rob them from my old work at a hotel, run out now need to pay them a visit lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Wash in a washing machine at 40 degrees with no fabric conditioner , use the same treatment for all microfibre towels .

Lots of good stuff on carwashnwax . I can highly recommend the EXTREME BODY WASH N WAX shampoo and the XXX Hardcore Pure White Carnauba Paste Wax . The postage is the same for one product or multiple products so it pays to order a few things at once really .

http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/info.php?p=6&pno=0&pid=630360&cat=20192&ack=9&search=&sought=

http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/info.php?p=10&pno=0&pid=547566&cat=20274&ack=9&search=&sought=

A4 Avant & A3
i was just lookingo n there.. need to order a few bits n bobs, postage would be a little high just to order 1 towel lol

So you have to wash them alone in the machine then? (i'll have to get the mrs to show me how to work it lol)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Norris_309 said:
i was just lookingo n there.. need to order a few bits n bobs, postage would be a little high just to order 1 towel lol

So you have to wash them alone in the machine then? (i'll have to get the mrs to show me how to work it lol)

My mum washes mine , lol ;)Yeah just in the washing machine , no higher than 40 degrees and definitely NO fabric conditioner .

A clio
i find that using rainwater is so much easier (got 100gallons round the back) no need to dry the car as the air can do that for you

al

ST on the way...
I use a water magnet, but give the car a quick spritz with QD, it helps the water run off so there's less to dry and reduces chances of spotting :D