ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does this dash light mean!?

Black Dynamique
Driving home from work tonight and noticed that one of my fault lights was on..
hard to explain, its kind of a zigzag line in a box with a curled line underneath it?
its the one below the petrol light.
after noticing this i lost all my revs and couldnt get anything above 40mph..
managed to crawl home, engine off, started up again and seems to be fine.
anyone any ideas what the problem was?
thanks,
ben.

Black Dynamique
277062841_cef015eb66.gif

small picture, but this is the light that came on

ValverInBits
it's an ECU error. Means there is something not working as it should on the car.

Typically means you need a new sensor (ie lambda) or the coil pack is on it's way out or something like that.

Best thing to do is get it plugged in somewhere and ask them what the error code is. you can also buy the gear to do this yourself from ebay. you need an OBDII cable and software

PH2 172
Iv had this problem 2 so when they find out the error code do they know what needs to be changed on the car as today when my car done it. It would rev alot on its own but now seems to be fine but want it sorted as will be selling up soon.

Black Dynamique
yeh.. mine wasnt revving on its own, just seemed really dead,
really low revs even with my foot planted :S

Black Dynamique
everything seems to be fine now :S
it's been running sweet as always and had no problems since...
thanks for the words of wisdom though

PH2 172
Mine wa slike this mate was fine then suddenyl it will do it again mines been doin it on and of now