ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does this sticker mean

182 FF
I have this sticker on the rear of my W reg mk1 172. Does it have any meaning or can I remove it.

Attachments

• DSC00197.JPG
    DSC00197.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 201
it a symbol of a old cornish tin mine, which the locals are very proud off. sadly the industry died of years ago, but its still a symbol of the region

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Have you read the Da Vinci Code? Same sort of thing, its a quest for a pot of gold, but you need to find others with similar codes, then you make a map etc etc

182 FF
and theres me thinking that my car might be special or limited or something. It just looks very natural as if it was part of the manufacture

182 FF
I deffo see the resemblance now, but it also has a numbered door sill plate, is this normal?

Attachments

• clio.jpg
    clio.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 159

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
you have the exclusive 172, there was only 172 made each have the sills like that leather interior and bbs wheels?

182 FF
I thought exclusives where green with cream leather. Mines just silver with the usual half leather, may possibly be sills taken off an exclusive, but why, they'd be hard to get hold of

Last edited:
  VW Passat 170 sport
to remove it heat it up with a hairdryer then remove the excess glue with a credit card :D

182 FF
^^^^^ Will do I think, might try and find out abit more about the cars history, would Renault be able to do this?

I think that the owner of no 103 will be missing his kick plates as you have them, they'll probably just have standard ones on their exclusive.

182 FF
Nah Lee, a youngish lad up Newcastle, but the rear window does have a yachting sticker in it, lol, just shows it was owned by a sensible owner in the past, I hope

1.8 Civic EX
thats defo not an exclusive...

the door sill is probably from one like others have said..

Check with the DVLA or do a HPI check on it if your concerned about it's history...

'52 clio 1.2 16V
might sound stupid but i'm sure i saw a picture of those sills on ebay & they came with the number transfers? if you by them from reno do they come with numbers to transfer on? did look twice at the picture when i saw it because was a tad confussed.

if you ask for the trophy or exclusive then yes. how much did those go for in the end, was watchin them then got bored!

jamie

Car SOLD :-(
Nah Lee, a youngish lad up Newcastle, but the rear window does have a yachting sticker in it, lol, just shows it was owned by a sensible owner in the past, I hope

;) No wonder I couldn't find a good one locally when I was looking!:rasp: :rasp:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i reckon the sills were brought from renault or something as it comes with a bag of stickers so u can number your own car.