ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Happened to pset Scoobynetters

I posted a reply yesterday and came back to read it and the thread has dissapeared !

Anyone know what happened ?

yep, it was deleted because it was turning into a slanging match about whether cups/172s were better/worse than a scooby and which was gonna hold its price better etc.

I find this forum is worse than any other for slanging matched. Why people cant except some one elses opinion and move on is beyond me !:(

its only the vs threads or topics which tend to give people the chance to get the "mines better/faster/more expensive than yours" attitude that cause the problem, the rest of the time its fine

Quote: Originally posted by Jonto on 20 June 2003

I find this forum is worse than any other for slanging matched. Why people cant except some one elses opinion and move on is beyond me !:(
and you questioned why I deleted it ????

Quote: Originally posted by kis172 on 20 June 2003

I find this forum is worse than any other for slanging matched. Why people cant except some one elses opinion and move on is beyond me !
I didnt question why you deleted it ! I asked what had happened to it as i couldnt find it !

Well, thats what i posted anyway !

Cheers

Jonathan

CTR EK9 turbo

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 20 June 2003

its only the vs threads or topics which tend to give people the chance to get the "mines better/faster/more expensive than yours" attitude that cause the problem, the rest of the time its fine

But mine is better than yours.... ;)

I do.

Did it become overly insulting or involve the use of swearwords inappropriate with the theme of the forum?

Unless it did, I dont see what the point in deleting it is?

Isnt this forum for car owners, predominantly Clio owners to voice their opinions on issues they please?

Is there a line that a poster can cross which makes Cliosport liable to legal action?

If not, then a thread should not be deleted without justifiable cause, and not just a moderators opinion.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Sorry talizman, pls read the forum signup rules. If you dont agree then dont post. Simple as that. I will always support any moderators position, its a thankless task but needs to be done - unless you want this forum to end up like max power.

Quote: Originally posted by kis172 on 20 June 2003

I didnt question why you deleted it ! I asked what had happened to it as i couldnt find it !

Well, thats what i posted anyway !

Cheers

Jonathan
please accept my apologies for not reading your post correctly, or misinterpreting your comment then. :oops:

You havent been on Scoobynet long enough then!! Its miles worse - just looks at that Mycroft thread!! Or Cossies many threads I could go on but I wont.

Jas,

As I didnt see the latest posts prior to deletion, I was asking what the problem was, ie...

"Did it become overly insulting or involve the use of swearwords inappropriate with the theme of the forum?"

and

"Is there a line that a poster can cross which makes Cliosport liable to legal action?"

I didnt think that arguing whose car is better justifies deletion. What happened to freedom of speech?

Now, if it gets childish and expletives start getting used, or if there are litigation issues, then it may be justified, I was merely asking what the specific reasons for deletion were?

As for the moderators job being a thankless task, Ill gladly offer my services anytime! (In between bickering on forums that is!) ;)

I always though of Gold and Green being a disgusting colour combo but that pic looks very smart - sort of posh!