ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you got suspension wise and why?

No car
Just want to see what everyone's got suspension wise? Coilovers? Standard springs? Lowered springs? Are they comfortable? I've currently got coilovers, love how the car sits but sometimes scrapes humps:dapprove:

I have standard shocks and mounts paired up with sportlines, probably one of the best setups i have had on a car.

Lotus Elise
Standard Sash Dampers unpinned, custom springs, Whiteline and my own Geo settings. Its a superb balance of road and track.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
rokkor/raceland coilovers with no adjusters in the rear... because they were cheap.

tbf for bargain bin suspension, they arent that uncomfortable. theyre as harsh as my friends eibachs on his saxo :evil:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Std w/sportlines & AST. Cost/ride quality for both with the addition of adjustment/serviceability for the AST's.

No car
Yeah, I'm not sure what coilies are on mine as they came with the car! Need to take a ride with a different suspension set up to see what the best set up is!

172 cup, Impreza P1
KW V2's, whitline ARB and fully polybushed.

Mainly cause the car was to be used on track and some road so wanted adjustable dampening. Like the setup on the road and track so would recommend.

Bilstein B14 coilovers with standard top mounts, whiteline rear ARB, full pollybushed bottom arms, great on the rd and enough for the sprint/hillclimbs and the odd track day, still running turini 16" wheels on Toyo T1R.

Regards Russ.........

I have:

Mark Fish top mounts = awesome.
Eibach Sportlines = slightly harsher ride then standard, but over all better handling.
Standard shocks = seem good enough for me. May upgrade when they die.
Front and rear strut braces = probably not doing a great deal but look good.
Whiteline ARB = one of the best things I've put on the car.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
I've got Eibach Sportlines and Whiteline ARB. I find it a really good set up.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Standard Trophy setup from factory other than refurbed front dampers depinned and new rear Sachs shocks.

172/1.2/E30
H&R Motorsport coilovers with Koni adjustable rear shocks and KTR topmounts. Rear adjusters are from AP coilovers to give more "lows" as the cars stripped. Superb, especially on track.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
KW V2's

Why, because they are awesome and I got them cheap :)

AST top mounts
Custom rear ARB

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FK Konigsport Coilovers on my mk1.

They were the best available within my budget.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Standard springs and shocks with solid top mounts... Never noticed any difference after fitting the mounts tbh

Accord 2.4
Sportlines with standard shocks, only changed the springs as a standard one snapped. Must say they are very comfy after having cheaper springs on previous cars 60mm on a mk3 fiesta was a disaster lol

What does the whiteline ARB actually do? Is it worth it? I basically use mine for commuting and odd random drive out (nothing sprinted)

Megane 225 F1
Standard dampers, sportlines and custom RARB.

Rear shocks were new about 3000 miles ago. Will be replacing the fronts soon with some cup ones as they are a) Cheaper and b) stiffer (a bit).

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Standard dampers, sportlines and custom RARB.

Rear shocks were new about 3000 miles ago. Will be replacing the fronts soon with some cup ones as they are a) Cheaper and b) stiffer (a bit).

all shocks are identical prices on the parts system now as far as i can tell

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Konis all round
KTR Top mounts
Whiteline ARB
Camber bolts for some negative camber

Can't praise this setup enough in all honesty, rides pretty much like standard even on our rubbish roads, yet also pretty good on track. Also plenty of adjustment to get the car feeling very different when needed.

I think the only thing I would change them for is a Sachs trophy conversion if I could be bothered to swap all the parts.

Stock although with Bilstein B2 replacment dampers which arn't as good as stock and all new front end bushes etc so about 40k wear. Why well its the best for the money and ideal for what I use and need the car for and that includes track work

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I have cup racer bilsteins all round inc the solid top mounts and strut brace also a pointless whiteline ARB. Why?

Due to having cup packed hubs not alot of choice when i was looking sadly, but the cost to get these and modify to fit my hubs i could have bought AST's sportline 2's brand new.

I've only driven the car a short distance for a MOT i had booked and it's very firm not much play at all so amazing for me.