ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is causing noise?

172 cup
When im giving the cup some and changing gear i get a knocking noise like something is shifting underneath. This is only when im driving aggressively and isnt too bad but just wandering if it is common or not?

Cheers

BMW M135i
Engine mounts are shot, most likely the dogbone and its letting the exhaust hit the subframe when you lift off. Ideally it wants a complete new set really, will be like a different car after.

172 cup
Engine mounts are shot, most likely the dogbone and its letting the exhaust hit the subframe when you lift off. Ideally it wants a complete new set really, will be like a different car after.

Any recommendations on what make to get and where to get them from? is the dogbone part of the engine mount set?

cheers

BMW M135i
I'd stick with standard replacements all day long, they're softish for a reason. Polybushes are great and all but they're a lot harsher and the just wear other components instead.

Clio 182
My cup was doing the same thing and i fixed it today at no cost.

The gear box mount under the battery has two 13mm nuts either side of the center 18mm nut these where all tight. once these three nuts are removed(no need to elevate or support gearbox) the Gearbox mount can be removed.

You should be left with the center threaded bar sticking up you will find that this bit is loose.

Now for the tricky bit the threaded bar has a nut on the lower side that will need tightening with a 18mm spanner & 14mm half way up this bar. you may find you need to remove the air box.

The hole job should take no more than 30min i would recomend maybe using
some thread lock.

I have known this same fault on 3 other 172.