ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is the best way to make my Black Clio shien again?

106 GTi
I have used loads of different products messing around on mine.

Most of the products I have tried here.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/

The look is all in the prep, a good wash, clay, paint clean and machine polish is the key IMO.

I used the Poorboys SSR 2 or Meguiars Speed Glaze 80 by PC for a good base for the products in the above pics. When the paint is in great shape any other products are the icing on the cake really and dont amke the same difference as a good prep.

I have got as good results from Autoglym as 40/50 quid waxes.

Do I need anything to put on after waxed??? I got something called "Gloss Detailer" but I don't see any good thing happen afterward :-(

172 cup
^^like Rich says. It's all in the prep.

Clay seems to be a big step forward for most people these days. Once you've done that you can usually see a huge difference straight away.

Do the polly bag test before and after claying i.e. wash your car, put you hand inside a sandwich bag and very gently rub it over your paint (esp at the back of your car), now clay your car and repete the test. You're in for a shock!

106 GTi
hkka said:
Do I need anything to put on after waxed??? I got something called "Gloss Detailer" but I don't see any good thing happen afterward :-(

After waxing the car is done. I tend to use the Quick Detail spray after a coat of wax just to remove any wax or polish reidue form the seems, door shuts etc.

You can use a quick detail spray to maintain the just waxed look and finish after washing though.