ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what is this worth-is it the right choice

Hiya, recently sold my 93 mk1 rt with the initial plan of getting another one but with power steering and an airbag elec. mirrors e.t.c

But I couldnt seem to find one that I like and so broadened my horizon and came across a mk2 sport on autotrader. my first question is shall i stick it out with the mk1 rts which are quicker?

parkers reckons its worth 3400 but im not sure if its allowing for the extras- so before i ring this guy up and ask him why, wanted to get yall opinions.

Anyway here it is

2000 RENAULT CLIO 1.4 Sport 3dr Hatchback
W reg, Black, 3 door, FSH, 12 disk CD, T&T, Sroof, Alloys, ThatchAlm&Imob, remote CL,Twin airbags, Elec Wind. 44000 miles. £3999.

uploader isnt working so heres the link for the pic

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1093353197__media.jpg

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&min_pr=3000&max_pr=4000&postcode=br3+1je&miles=40&max_records=50&source=0&sort=5&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=9&distance=7&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200432155161754Link

[Edited by James on 24 August 2004 at 2:10pm]

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Better looking than the silver one you looked at. Reckon youll be better off with that over the MK 1 as well.

172, Tiguan

is that the 8 valve or the 16? The 16 valve went quite well.

Looks a bit crap with that bodykit on it

you reckon matt- ive always been quite fond of the mk1 shape

jus that this mk2 has more of the stuff i like and is in black :devilish:

unfortuanetly its only an 8valve- i havent found a 1.4 16valve which is in my budget

dont think the bodykit looks bad- think its the reno addons- correct me if im wrong...

edit: ps, thanks for the mod who keeps sorting out the long addresses with the click here bit- i appreciate that as well as putting the pic up- i tried putting the pic up yest but cdnt get it to work- muchos gracius

if anyone could tell me what they think its actually worth that would be brill

Cheers

[Edited by dj_sonic_uk on 24 August 2004 at 2:14pm]

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Like the mk1 16vs and Willys. If its not a sport model then I prefer Mk 2s.

I quite like that. All I will say is how old are you? If you spend £3k + on a car like that you wont get much back in 2 - 3 years when you want something faster and sportier?

im 19 and am currently tryin to work up my NCB- yea il prob lose a grand on it by the time i come to sell it, but im willing to take that risk, also im hoping that as it is a special model it wont lose as much as other similar models on that reg.

daz if ud like to insure me under ur name id gladly buy a valver.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Dont think Daz is the best person to insure under, he pays alot for the Williams iirc!

Make your choces wisely mate, if its your money then go for it. Wouldnt do what I did all those years ago and get myself in to debt over a car that was a stop gap.

cheers for al your comments- id prob be lookin at keepin my next car until i finished uni- at the very minimum id be owning this car for a year and half.

But what id really like to know is what ppl think this car is reall;y worth!!!!