ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What kind of engine fits

Hello there,

Since a couple of days I finally know what of engine runs my Clio.
Its a very slow engine and I dont like it at all. My boyfriend has a turbo with more then 300rwhp. Can you imagine how that hurts my feelings;)

So I was wondering if there is any engine type that fits in a Clio 1.1 and I rather have a turbo charged engine.

So I want to hear many ideas.....

Thank you!

Greetz:
Renate

williams 2 turbo

ive got a friend putting a mitsubishi evo engine in a mk1 shell. you can put pretty much anything in there, just depends if you have enough cash

172 cup'd extreme

best value for money williams 2 litre with throttle bodies doing around 200hp with a 900kg weight would keep up with your fella no probs

Golf R/Leon FR

i wouldnt bother why dont you just get a second hand car thats already turbo charged? or pinch your boyfriends car!!!!;)

[Edited by phoenixy on 29 July 2005 at 5:50pm]

Yeah I will look for that 172 engine or williams 2 litre. It sounds interesting (the horse powers)

@phoenixy:
I dont want to spend money on something that has already been done or thats standard. I want to have a old car with a lot of power. But the idea to pinch my boyfriends car............. thats a better idea! :D

Well here is a (maybe strange) question:
Do you guys and girls think that a 4agze engine fits in my clio? Its with a supercharger so there is more power then I have now. Im not so sure if it fits. What do you think?

Greetz:
Renate

Quote: Originally posted by Clio&MR2 on 29 July 2005

Yeah I will look for that 172 engine or williams 2 litre. It sounds interesting (the horse powers)
Well here is a (maybe strange) question:
Do you guys and girls think that a 4agze engine fits in my clio? Its with a supercharger so there is more power then I have now. Im not so sure if it fits. What do you think?
A 172 will be a bit of a challenge to fit but it can be done with custom mounts or throttle bodies but the cost will add up.

Another engine preferably a fast one standard ie a 4agze is a good idea but getting it to run and work in the car will be a challenge.

As said easier you can make most things fit just depends how much effort/money you have. What about an Audi VAG 1.8 T engine (one of rht 210/225 ones) ok there expensive but 280 hp with a remap.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 29 July 2005

Another engine preferably a fast one standard ie a 4agze is a good idea but getting it to run and work in the car will be a challenge.
As said easier you can make most things fit just depends how much effort/money you have. What about an Audi VAG 1.8 T engine (one of rht 210/225 ones) ok there expensive but 280 hp with a remap.

Yes I know the Audi engine costs a lot so I think it would be easy for me to get a 4agze engine. If I got one I will let you know about my project!

Thanks so far!

172 cup'd extreme

the 4agze only makes around 140bhp better off with a willy or megane engine making 150 standard with some head work cams etc or maybe throttle bodie make a lot more