ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what lens for nikon d40

mk5 fiesta zetec s
orite everyone just wondering what is a cheap lens that i could get and what would be good for distance shots or wildlife.:rasp:

Abarth 500 Essesse
Sigma 70-300mm APO DG £155 from Jacobs. Think that'll be your best bet on a budget. Other than that Nikon 55-200 VR not sure on the price, depends how far you need to reach though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I got my 55-200mm VR lens for £140 off ebay, awesome lens for the price IMO. Will be getting a 50mm next month though methinks.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Yeh wouldn't mind a 50mm myself tbh, cant afford it at the minute though, even though they are pretty cheep :(

mk5 fiesta zetec s
am just abit of a noob with my camera at min but i was out yesterday and there was loads of wildlife like feasants and hawks and didnt have no zoomage :(

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
^Ha awesome pics mate, will be heading to Monkey World in the summer I think, not been in years. Off topic but I used to see a girl from Frimley too, just noticed you're from there lol.

A couple from me with the 55-200mm VR on a D40 for the OP.

3249412681_f988714b77.jpg

3258744748_132c9f0fb0.jpg

55-200 is a great lens for the money, used to have it a while back.

As for the 50, remember unless you get the AF-S version you will have to manual focus.

Current price difference - about £200!!!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
55-200 is a great lens for the money, used to have it a while back.

As for the 50, remember unless you get the AF-S version you will have to manual focus.

Current price difference - about £200!!!

Thats fine, I use manual focus a lot anyway. The f/1.8 looks a great lens for the money!

Halfpint - When I say see, I met up with her a few times after meeting her on a night out in Camberly lol:eek:. Laura somethingorother, 20 (poss 21 now) and I can't remember exactly where she lived, only drove to hers twice and that must be about a year ago now.

I'll stop spamming now:)

White APE
Thats fine, I use manual focus a lot anyway. The f/1.8 looks a great lens for the money!

Halfpint - When I say see, I met up with her a few times after meeting her on a night out in Camberly lol:eek:. Laura somethingorother, 20 (poss 21 now) and I can't remember exactly where she lived, only drove to hers twice and that must be about a year ago now.

I'll stop spamming now:)

I think having to manual focus helps anyway. Ive been trying to do it more lately rather then relying on auto focus. The Nikon 50mm is deffo on my list.

No worries Luke, just wondered if i might no her. lol