ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What mileage is your car on and has it developed any problems?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Fair enough mate, there's nothing there which commands a premium though and the power output is incredibly optimistic if he's listed all the engine work!

How much is it up for?

Black Gold with cup packs
Fair enough mate, there's nothing there which commands a premium though and the power output is incredibly optimistic if he's listed all the engine work!

How much is it up for?

I thought this, he sent me this to show a recent rolling road read out

GetAttachment.jpg

The owner of the car has been a member here for 18 months guys.
Knocked him to a shade over £4k, initally up for £4750. It's a late 2004-53 with CC, in private A1 condition they are commanding around £4900 with 50k on the clock according to glass guide, adjust for mileage ect. Still not sure though.

However I am now considering defecting to a 106gti/rallye :(.

Last edited:
sounds pretty good, really. would obviously want to inspect before commiting but, providing the mods/history don't bother you, can't see an obvious problem

sounds pretty good, really. would obviously want to inspect before commiting but, providing the mods/history don't bother you, can't see an obvious problem

The history other than the rebuild is perfect, but I was under the impression that if the engine was rebuilt with new components to a high standard the engine is going t obe better if anything?

53 Clio's & counting
mines now 127,000, in its life its NEEDED a new alternator, n/s driveshaft,icv and exhaust
Iv replaced out of choice:
uprated brakes
new renault shocks with prolines
new front wishbones

the car is still on its original box and clutch, and even with just a stainless exhaust kicked out 141bhp@ the wheels

So id say no problems with age if they looked after chap

and dont worry about the head work, any car could have had engine work in the past and the owner could be dis honest, he has told you what wentr wrong and its been fixed properly so that wouldn't put me off at all

The history other than the rebuild is perfect, but I was under the impression that if the engine was rebuilt with new components to a high standard the engine is going t obe better if anything?

it wouldn't turn me off if it had been done properly - lots seem to grumble about Renault techs but, tbh, they're not all that likely to have bodged it (!) - and there'll be a warranty on the job as well

Phase 2 172 Cup
So this is why youve stopped answering the calls/texts :p

Yes guys its my Cup.

The work to head is 100%, i have a well documented reciept for the work, Richard if you wish i will scan this list tonight and send it over to you to see exactly what went into the engine, however i have already informed you.

As i said, iv had the car over a year and in that time (bar tyres and brakes) all that has "broken" on me is a heating resistor.

as any of the NI boys about the car, theyll all happily stand over its quality.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mines on 40500. lambda sensor went last year so replaced it. bonnet is being a bit gay at the mo and not opening the first few times. and the headlight washer have leaked a few times but apart from that nothing else to report.

touches wood

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
mines on 40500. lambda sensor went last year so replaced it. bonnet is being a bit gay at the mo and not opening the first few times. and the headlight washer have leaked a few times but apart from that nothing else to report.

touches wood

Has it had the Catch recall check?

If it hasnt get on the horn to Reno!

172 Cup
55k on my 53 cup

had no problems as of yet, but its making a funny noise at the minute when I come off the accelerator, I'm an engine novice so I'm gonna whack it in the garage after bank holiday

Nimbus 197
as a rule I try to never buy a modded car. I always look for unmolested pristinely serviced cars. I always pay a premium for them, and this process has never let me down.

The two modded cars I bought in the past caused me nothing but grief, they had both been meticulously serviced (to the shedule) but had been screwed hard inbetween each service. Consequently everything failed at the same time (engine, brakes, gearbox/clutch/flywheel, suspension, you name it)

I car driven hard will fail quicker than one that has had an easy life.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I car driven hard will fail quicker than one that has had an easy life.

Not always the case. My Cup's been beasted for pretty much all of its 107k, and the only major failures have been my own fault when going off track.

How a car is driven is far more important than how hard a car is driven, both for major components and consumables.

Last edited: