ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What performance benefit should i get

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Ive got a 1994, Clio 16v (phase1) with a Pipercross induction kit, im going to get a full Powerflow Stainless Steel exhaust next weekend with a De-Cat pipe. How much better will this really make my car?? The induction kit didnt do a lot on its own, but i hope with an exhaust it should work better?? Im going for a Single 3.5" Tail pipe, - i want it simply for performance.

Lionel Richie

jon 16v has got a piperx on his 16ver and a powerflow backbox. His car is a J reg, so i dont know if ts got a cat. It sounds amazing!!!!!!! It scares the sh*t out of me,but then im use to a 1.2!!!!!!!

my cats getting ripped off v.soon and the backbox converted to full system. when you having it done????

the induction kit will only work if you have a few cold air feeds and a shield on the engine side to stop the hot air from building up around the filter.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Not this Saturday, but the next one so im looking forward to it! I dont know how to really mount a cold air feed to the induction kit, its hard to find where to run it from/to

i cut a K&N air feed in half and have two, one squezed in the front bumper and one behind the grill.

They flow loads of air cuz after a drive if i immediately open my bonnet half the filter is freezing and the other half warm. the key for me is to get a shield and another air feed going to the shield to rebound air onto the induction kit.

but - if you sit in traffic for to long you will still need to drive for a while to sufficiently cool down the filter.

or you could just get a replacement element but then you wouldnt have the roar.

hop this helps and if anyone else disagrees with me id love to hear other peoples ideas etc.

For all the trouble of fabricating a heat shield, you might as well put an old air box on for warm days spent in traffic (e.g. going to work) and then putting the induction back on when you want to take the car for a rip!!

Im in the fortunate position of being a student - so I only use my car when the roads are clear as rush hour is over by the time I start to roll out of bed!!

ben h - student also. in my opinion the heat shield will suit me fine - hardly ever in real bad traffic and when I am i dont exactly want top performance levels and it dosnt bother m having to drive for a couple of minutes after to get the filter cool again

well i do have a hill power chip over yours but it was about 148 bhp at the Rolling road day. thats with a pipercross, de-cat and stainless exhaust system with 3.5" tailpipe.

BMW 320d Sport

the fact that half the filter is warm means that half the air it sucks in is warm as well. Youre losing power, put your airbox back on...

ben be warned mate you wuill lose the mad induction noise that i loved so much but my car is sooo much faster on pick up now. well worthwhile but i still miss the sound.now why cant i have the best of both worlds!!!!lol

wongy

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Just bought a Hill Power Induction Kit, ive currently got a Pipercross one, but do you think the Hill Power one will be better for me?? Is it as simple to fit as the pipercross one was?