Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should i pay

Hi everyone, i have been offered a clio 16v on P plate. It is a write off as the chasis (spelling) is bent, front drivers side impact.

What i was wandering is what should i pay for something like this? I would have the wheels and interior for my RT but what else would i be able to sell off it and for what price?? He says the engine is fine just knocked off the mounts and its done 54K, but i havent checked it yet.

So what can i sell off it?? and what should i pay??

Cheers for any help Phil

I think it was P but now you say that it might not have been didnt see the reg properly cos front was smashed and only glanced at back. Are you sure they didnt do a P plate? was it only valvers that stopped at N??

P is Phase3.. Valvers were only Phase1/2.. Although, I did see an N reg Phase3 today! There are some odd ones.

  Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Yer the latest a valver ever went was on a 95 N !!

Although it could be one that was sat around and not registered !!

It does happen !

Sounds like about a grand to me !! Maybe £1500 at a push !!

It wasnt the phase 3 front end it was the phase 2 with the squarer lights.

Leigh were you saying i should pay up to £1500 for the car?? if so what could i sell to get cash back?? I have never broken a car before.

for the seats and wheels, is it not a hassle for all of that!

Youll have to keep stripping it, need jsut go to cliospares etc to get the seats and wheels.

Dont know if it was a write off as it was insured only 3rd party he said it will cost too much to be repaired but i dont know how much that will be.

Do cliospares have a website?

if the chassis is bent ya buggered. if its just the subframe your ok. cause when i trashed mine it was subframe, and is now replaced and fine