ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what software do the mappers use?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
WinOLS is a hex editor. Most mappers edit in it

You usually need another software protocol to read and write maps

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Tunerpro is an alternative thats good (used it lots for 200sx mapping) but you'll have to get good at decompiling

monaco blue clio 172
Sorry to hijack a thread anyone know where I can have my idle adjusted? Since fitting my cams and ketc remapping it it sits at just over 1000 rpm. Andy did say this was to aid smooth running on idle but to be honest can get a bit annoying when sat in traffic.

Sorry to hijack a thread anyone know where I can have my idle adjusted? Since fitting my cams and ketc remapping it it sits at just over 1000 rpm. Andy did say this was to aid smooth running on idle but to be honest can get a bit annoying when sat in traffic.

:headno:Just start your own thread its not that hard lol pretty similar to what you have just done.

monaco blue clio 172
Always a smart arse in this site! Thought being as the topic was on mapping software it would be simple question.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

If you lower the idle it will stall. Leave it alone

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
thanks for the answers, so there is no one stop shop software?

Totally depends on the application, most OEM ecu's are encrypted requiring the purchase of a checksum algorythm too even if you have the software.
Then you need a DAMOS file to actually remap properly, in most cases where people mess around with the renault ECU they dont have this and so are just guessing at what bits of the map mean, stuff like Fuel tables and Ignition tables are fairly easy to spot but things like injector scaling are far less so.

If you want to edit your map on a clio rather than just do the usual RS Tuner style "flash a map on" type of remaps, then my advice would be to put it on aftermarket management, if its something like a mk4 astra turbo where the Damos files are in the public domain though, its well worth having a go on the OEM setup.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No. Any remapping is a software hack, they're not designed to be messed with, this is why standalone is better really, its designed to be adjusted

In fact its even worse than "not designed to be messed with" its actually getting to the stage now where that would be better worded "designed not to be messed with" on some of the modern stuff the OEM are starting to actually put in multiple fuel tables dotted all over the file just to confuse aftermarket mappers and then switching to different portions of them to make life difficult.
The reality is that modern ECU's are getting very very hard for aftermarket people to mess about with, and thats why most people offering mapping will just be offering some sort of off the shelf flash map they have bought in from one of the very few companies that actually develop custom maps, in some case with all the immobiliser data etc stripped out to make them easier to flash, but then you risk having your car nicked more easily of course, lol

Its really a minefield, if you want a diesel flashed to correct the fact that the OEM had to make it a rubbish map cause of emissions laws, and perhaps a few minor tweaks to it for different intercooler etc, then it works well, but for actually custom mapping in a set of very lairy cams to an N/A car etc, its actually far from the ideal solution in a lot of cases.