ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What sounds better to insurance companies?

1) "Hi, i'm just informing you that I have put on a new suspension kit on my car"

2) "Hi, i'm just informing you that I have put coilovers on my car"

3) "Hi, i'm just informing you that I have put aftermarket shocks and springs on my car"

4) Other, please state!

I'm basically putting coilovers on in the next week and wondered what the best line was to use for my insurance company so they don't shaft me with an increase in premium. I'm with Norwich Union.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
just say number 3, but i think the word suspension as a mod is more of a fixed price whether it is springs or full coilovers, was with me and im with norwhich union, but im only 17, was only £14 extra a month for anything done to it!

"I'm changing the suspension" then tell them how much it will lower it if they want to know.
At the end of the ay your just a tick in a box either suspension modifications or 60mm+ drop ec they don't care.

Ok, so it doesn't really matter what I say? I thought insurance companies don't like the words "coilovers" like they don't like "roll cages".

CTR--VX220D
It doesnt work like that any more. If your doing it over the telephone the agent will tick a box [suspension <50mm] etc and the system will calculate your premium.

Of course smaller companies can differ.

Ok, so it doesn't really matter what I say? I thought insurance companies don't like the words "coilovers" like they don't like "roll cages".

They don't care Leda coilover os gaz springs 60mm is 60mm to them. Its a shame realy as someone invested in Ledas etc is lily to drive different than the 60mm springs owner.