ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What stage of photography are you in?

Cupra
Came across this and liked it so thought I would share.

photographer-graph-1024x858.png

Very good graph that! I'd like to think I am at the practive stage, though tbh I dont do half as much photography as I'd like.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sh!t really compared to some guys on here. I have got some good pics but most of them come out terrible. Still getting to grips with the digital camera and settings, filter effects etc.
Spending the day with it tomorow so hopefuly i'll be getting better each day.

As for the graph - prob at flikr stage but side stepping HDR..

Cupra
I laughed at "Gearfaggotry". It's all tongue in cheek but there is some truth in it. The HDR hole being one.

I've passed gearfaggorty, HDR, Dammit I suck and have just passed ooo found an old film camera, in fact its on my desk but its going back to the owner, as I'm now in the can't even be that bothered to use the DSLR let alone a film SLR stage but hovering above 40% skill level, how scarily true it is haha.

My knowledge has been fairly consistently along the bottom the whole time, the technical aspect of photography is white noise to me, can't stand it. Quality of my photos hasn't really changed for several years now, the only thing that changes is how bothered I am to go out and actually take some shots.

I missed the HDR bit, but did get bogged down in gearfaggotry for a while (I'm still paying for those financial mistakes now!)

The graph is missing a 'bored of DSLRs and want to play with plastic toy cameras' stage, I'm firmly there.

Ian

Focus TDCi
It's funny to see that everyone goes through the same stages. :) I'm a bit of an obsessive when I find something I like, so although I've only been into it for a little over a year properly I've gone through most of those stages.

Pretty much skipped HDR
Still get the occasional lust for gear
Bought myself a film camera, never used it
Bit fed up with Flickr

Currently do the odd bit of paid work and I'm now asking friends to help me build up a portfolio (couples, people with kids etc) with the intention of becoming a sole trader, so I guess that counts as practice. If I go into it as a job it'll be on my own terms though (at least I hope it will).

Biggest drawback is a complete lack of confidence.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Just looking into starting my own business with photography (not saying what type as there aren't many photographers out there doing it and they seem to be making a good pay!).

So after a 4 1/2 year gap from my photography BA Hons I think Im finally getting somewhere!

The 4 and a half years in between haven't been quiet either and have developed my skills to what I have now.

On that scale I reckon I am getting close to death, but could improve (and save myself!)