ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Sub?

PH2 172
Whats a better sub to have dont want it to take up much room.

VIBE ACTIVE 10" built in amp 400w rms

VIBE ACTIVE 12" built in amp 500w rms

ALPINE TYPE R 12" 500w rms

I like to listen to all sorts of music from Dance to hip hop like nice punchy bass.

I just got the Vibe Active 12" with 550 RMS the other day, it's amazingly loud and bassy and not too big. Proper pleased with it. :)

Evo 6, E92 320d
Well out of the 3 the alpine is my choice, i have the same 1 but its so heavy and pretty bulky also. The quality is very high and tight punchy bass in a sealed enclosure.
Having said that the vibe active enclosures do weigh a ton and are good quality.
I'm still to fit it in the car, hopefully tomorrow so i can get the settings a perfect medium for all types of music.

ITB'd MK1
wouldn't ever choose an alpie sub personally, everything else they do is great but the subs lack a little something.

Vibe subs are loud and punchy but lack any real finesse.

Infinity or Rockford Fosgate all day long for me but from your choises i'd say the Vibe Active 12

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
Yeah, if space is a consideration for you then an active sub will win, it means you don't need to find somewhere to put an extra amp. It probably won't bother you, but bear in mind the vibe will not put out even close to the RMS wattage it's rated at.

Polo + Micra
are those ratings the power handling of the sub or the amp output on the vibes?

PH2 172
Say my mate had a 10" active and he said it was really punchy im depating on the 10" or the 12" but also do you think i should uprate all the speakers in the car to get the good sound

Mk1 Maxim Sport
aslong as you dont mind the wieght id go with the vibe 12 inch

Agree! they are a quality piece of kit and give a good sound but they weight a ton!

An yeh the speakers will need to be upgraded or ull end up blowing them. When u first get a sub ull have it loud as fook so best to upgrade ur speakers from the start. I hardly ever have mine on now tbh cba with it.