ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to look for?

Hello people, im going to look at a 61 plate 200 on Saturday and im just wondering if there are any things to look out for. Ive done an hpi check and there is nothing wrong with it on that so all good so far

Thanks

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Allo,

wear and tear items are the bolsters and steering wheel, bolsters rip and wheels melt.

Check the belts have been done on time if it's high mileage. I've not looked at the link yet as I'm in work.

Ask them to check the brake pins slide freely as they seize and need replacing (£50ish off the top of my head)

make sure the gearbox doesn't crunch at all. Change it between 3rd and 4th above 5krpm.

If any more car specific problems pop into my head I'll let you know but other than the above it's normal car checks.

Volvo XC60 T8
I would get them to replace it. There'll be less performance with it missing and the possibility of something slipping down behind it into the engine....

Put the deposit down today for it and will be picking it up friday all being well :)

Lid being sorted on air box, missing centre cap from rear passenger side wheel being sorted, condition of steering wheel being sorted and the ecu light came up on dash and it was saying check emissions, but that is getting sorted by them aswell, hopefully its a just a sensor. Managed to rev higher than 5k in 3rd to change to 4th when on test drive and the gear change had no problem at all.

Cant wait to pick it up