ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to use for my inferno...fancy a change!

M140i/Orange 182
Guys

I am tempted to try something different in what cleaning products i use

currently iam using:

NXT wash
clay with detailer
AG super resin polish
AG extra gloss protection

did this sunday and the car looked mint after i clayed it, once i got the super resin on and Super gloss, it looked slightly darker...still looked good though! :)

any other advice to get the best out of inferno would be much apreciated! :)

Tom

106 GTi
Get a nice Carnuba wax to go over the top of the EGP to enhance looks even more.

Poorboys Nattys Blue or P21s look great on Metallics.

If you want to try something totally different.

Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze.
Poorboys EX-P Sealant
P21s Carnuba Wax or Nattys Blue Wax.

The above combo won't give you as much protection as the Autoglym route, but works superbly on highly metallic paint, and looks great.

Cheers

Rich

M140i/Orange 182
cheers r-jay good info as usual!

the Nattys Blue says use for darker cars, whats the differents between the non-blue one?

is P-21's worth the extra few quid?

106 GTi
I have used the normal Nattys and the Nattys Blue on both Dark and Light Colours. For me the Nattys Blue looks better on all colours, deeper and wetter. The origional Nattys is easier on and off.

P21s is my go to wax, wouldnt be without it on my shelf. If I had to pick one I would pay the extra for the P21s.

I've got some P21s, only used it a couple of times. Might have to start using it more often.

Clearkote vanilla glaze and moose is good wax also. Goes on wet, comes off wet.

106 GTi
I like the VM, and the Carnuba Moose Wax is good, but I found it muted the metallic Flakes on mine.

I love P21s very easy to use, shame its not as durable as say Megs 16 though.

jay said:
I call it Brun's Collinite :D

IMG_0258.jpg

M140i/Orange 182
R-jay is there anywere else apart from serious performance i can get p-21's from? as they havent got online facilties to order and i really wanna try and get some for the weekend :D

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
LOL!

I am back to Souveran, hey if I have to apply it once a week who cares.

Whats best on arctic blue , Souveran or p21'S ? I've just ordered some souveran today so i hope you say its this ,lol .

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
I have only ever used Souveran on my own car which is Black. Used to used P21s on my old Miami Blue and that looked great. You cant go wrong with either I would suspect. I am sure the Souveran will look great.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
I have only ever used Souveran on my own car which is Black. Used to used P21s on my old Miami Blue and that looked great. You cant go wrong with either I would suspect. I am sure the Souveran will look great.

Cheers r-jay . Hope to give ita good wax over the weekend . Used some of the tesco microfibre cloths today . They are only small but they didn't half dry my car easily ,much better than a chamois and only £1.27 each , i'm well impressed :)

MrBillyUK !

M140i/Orange 182
r ray just got a reply from him (from email i sent earlier) ive done a bank transfer to his account (16.20) :D...excellent service

106 GTi
MRBILLYUK said:
Will do :)

MrBillyUK !

Nice one.

Ted182 said:
r ray just got a reply from him (from email i sent earlier) ive done a bank transfer to his account (16.20) :D...excellent service

Sorted, looking forward to seeing the results.

M140i/Orange 182
yep keeping saturday free, gonna wash it know quick and put a second layer of AG extra gloss on,then wax on sat...:)

M140i/Orange 182
ok...just put one more coat of AGHG on (from a new bottle) and it looks so much better than the other day :D

106 GTi
Ted182 said:
ok...just put one more coat of AGHG on (from a new bottle) and it looks so much better than the other day :D

Nice one, it tends to look better with mutiple coats, I stopped after 3 in the end with mine. Each one adds depth and wet look. Also after about 24 hours when its all bonded it seems to look better aswell.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
Saw the thread, you went for the liquid version then?

The paste version smells like some tropical punch!

Is the paste version better than the liquid ?

Ever used the collinite stuff # 476 super double coat auto wax or the #915 marque d'elegance ? I like the sound of the 476 , says it lasts a full year.

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
Liquid is aimed at all colours, the paste for Reds and Blacks. Not used the liquid, but it looks good on yours.

Not used the Collinite either, but a few on here use and love the stuff.

MRBILLYUK said:
Is the paste version better than the liquid ?

Ever used the collinite stuff # 476 super double coat auto wax or the #915 marque d'elegance ? I like the sound of the 476 , says it lasts a full year.

MrBillyUK !

I've used Bruns wax (476), but i thought #845 IW was easier on and off.

Supposed to last pretty good as well.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
chris182 said:
I've used Bruns wax (476), but i thought #845 IW was easier on and off.

Supposed to last pretty good as well.

Easy on easy off sounds good to me :) Does the 476 really last a year ? Sounds a little bit optimistic to me and how much harder is it to polish off than the 845 ?

MrBillyUK !

I try and wax my car every 2-3 weeks anyway, so i couldn't tell you if the 476 lasts a year?

Brun's the man to ask as he made the stuff :clown:

MRBILLYUK said:
Easy on easy off sounds good to me :) Does the 476 really last a year ? Sounds a little bit optimistic to me and how much harder is it to polish off than the 845 ?

MrBillyUK !

Now come on, who on here is going to find out if it lasts a year LOL.

Anyway, first time i used 476 i didn't really like it, thought it was hard work. After that was ok, but i still think 845 is easier. As its more of a liquid it certainly goes on easier, spreads better, and seem to be able to get a thinner coat. Which in turn makes it easier to get off.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
chris182 said:
Now come on, who on here is going to find out if it lasts a year LOL.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A lazy b*stard who only wants to wax it once a year ,lol ;)

MrBillyUK !

Skoda Fabia vRS
476s is NOT hard work, apply it thin and its very very easy to remove

i did the entire car the other week, and then buffed it off, came off easy

the full beading i dont think would last a year, not 100%, but im pretty sure the protection would still be very very high after 12 months

i wont use anything thats a pain on/off.........and i love 476s