ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What will remove this

Maz

LY 200
engine0393.gif

^ The grey paint on my engine please ?

106 GTi
Will probably turn the metalwork whitish looking though.

Edit in response to the Brazo post.

Sand paper will work on the high spots but not the bits in the pitts of the casting.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
think the best thing to do would be to get it sand blasted to bring it back to normal

106 GTi
Check the local yellow pages for metal refinishers etc Marie.

Be carefull what grade of bead they use to blast it all, too course and it will pitt it to much.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
like rich says you'll find someone in your yellow pages, sand or grit blasting will get it off no problem and return it back to the way it was.

think its the only way that youll get it off without too much fuss - paint stripper or sandpaper would just be a nightmare!

106 GTi
If you get it polished it will go shiny, they could use a satin mop or linish it off to give a duller finish, but it wont replicate the look it was from the factory.

Some metal polishing places may have a blaster, it depends if they have one big enough to fit the inlet in. When we get soft alloy wheels done that we dont want to pit to much, we get them coconut blasted.

Maz

LY 200
Ok cheers, if I had known it would be this much hassle I would have thought twice about painting it lol

Better than yours. C*nt.
Going to spray mine with silver Hammerite after wiping it down thoroughly with cleaner to make sure all the fuel/oil is off - as I like the silver finish but it's not particularly good for hard-wearing! Hopefully retain most of the finish but with a lot more durability - have to be a thin coat though! As I find hammerite a fairly thick paint.