ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would make a clicking noise under my bonnet?

None
I came out of work yesterday to hear a clicking noise from under the bonnet, thought nothing of it and then opened the car, put the key in and started the engine but the alarm hadn't turned off so even though i could start the engine the alarm was sounding and the hazards were flashing, so i turned the engine off and heard the clicking again, turned the key to position two and the clicking sped up then started the engine and the alarm rang again along with the hazard lights flashing.

I was about to call the rac when i thought i would give it one more go and luckily the alarm dissarmed this time so now i have to leave the alarm off and lock the car through the passenger side then lock using key as i don't want to risk touching the keyfob again.

Any idea's guys please, i'm confused as to what the clicking was, if it was the central locking relay would that confuse the alarm into thinking it was still armed?

Also now when i open the doors from inside the central locking doesn't unlock all the doors.

I can live with this but not for long preferably :)......if someone could tell me how to rip the piece of crap alarm out of a 182 then this would be fine too as the damn thing beeps every time i try locking the car anyway and i'm sick of it now, it's done it since day one but that was over a year ago now and it's only had this problem with the alarm since yesterday :(

cheers guys

Ste

Golf GTD Mk7
is it not just a dodgy relay mate? i'll plug it in diagnostics for you if you're over my way some time and see if anything pops up. Nice and cheap for you ;)

None
is there a relay under the bonnet that controls the central locking?........that would explain it.