ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would this cable be used for?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Found this at my granddads while sorting out his stuff and we can't work out why he has it :S

c1238422-9f72-d5ac.jpg

Giulietta 940
Some sort of audio cable... the black ones look like a 3.5mm jack.

Maybe something to do with an old video camera possibly? Purely guessing though.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it seems audio related.

It has a 3.5mm jack on one end and the other end has a 3.5mm jack and single phono.

I;m struggling to find a use for it...

Oil Burner
Looks like a 3.5 - 2.5 jack? The single phono might be another option as opposed to be used as well as. Although why there isnt a left and right channel on the phono i have no idea.

clio 182 black /gold
Has he bought some audio device which came with some cables? I bet it is for connecting a device to a computer or a TV.

Honda. Tesla Someday
edit: Looked at pic again and noticed its NOT 3.5mm ---> phono! Its a damn 3.5 ---> 3.5+single phono!

Hmmm!

Last edited:
  Honda. Tesla Someday
Ok I think I figured it out!

I BET its from a video camera!!!

The cam would have 3.5mm audio OUT ---> this would go to either a 3.5mm (to go in to amp/speakers) OR a single phono for MONO sound (not stereo!).

Would explain it! AND it would probably be an old camcorder! (might even come with a single phono splitter to make to 2 phonos (left/right) but still MONO).