ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'I work in I.T' thread

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
FB_IMG_1724457055444.jpg

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else get clobbered by the AWS authentication outage this morning? Knocked out our automated monitoring for every customer in North America, so that was a fun 90 minutes until they got it working again 😂

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of weeks work and several grand of research grant money down the swanny, thanks to Microsoft forcing an update midway through the analysis run. By the time it'd finished f**king around the samples were ruined.

Not me, I just house the machine in one of my Labs. Things been nothing but trouble.

IMG_3060.jpeg

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Couple of weeks work and several grand of research grant money down the swanny, thanks to Microsoft forcing an update midway through the analysis run. By the time it'd finished f**king around the samples were ruined.

Not me, I just house the machine in one of my Labs. Things been nothing but trouble.

View attachment 1709098
Could it not have been offline? For any serious local number crunching, we isolate 🤷

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member

View attachment 1709098
PEBKAC

Take it offline for any work like that or force stop the updates completely

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Could it not have been offline? For any serious local number crunching, we isolate 🤷

It breaks down all the time and they need to access the machine, pull the log files and try to rescue data 🤦‍♂️

It's not ours, it's here on trial so none of us are in a position to fiddle with the configuration.