ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you pay???

A well built VW
To have the works done to your car i.e.

Washed
Clayed
Then pc'd web removal , polish then waxed
tyres done
windows polished

106 GTi
£0 lol

I reality to do all the above is a good days work. 50 would be a bargain, 80 a fair price. 100 would still be reasonable and fair IMO

A Fcukin Car
Rich said:
£0 lol

I reality to do all the above is a good days work. 50 would be a bargain, 80 a fair price. 100 would still be reasonable and fair IMO

And u would really pay that for ur car washing? Christ, furthest I strech to is a fiver at the hand car wash!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
50 sheets, tops.

Whats that, 5-6 hours work? i'd rather do it myself than pay someone more than that.

106 GTi
superfastdan said:
50 sheets, tops.

Whats that, 5-6 hours work? i'd rather do it myself than pay someone more than that.

To get it to standards that I would be happy with all depends on the paint shape. Wash and clay, light swirls removed, glass and trim can be done in say 4 hours with a couple of you doing it. Deeper swirls and working on your own can easily push that into 6-10 hours.

Brazo and myself spent near on 12 hours each on the Black CSL we did, no way that you will get that for 50 quid.

Benson03 said:
And u would really pay that for ur car washing? Christ, furthest I strech to is a fiver at the hand car wash!!

Ha ha its more than just a wash. If you can find someone willing to detail your car for 8 odd hours for a fiver your doing well. Ask Al how much he paid to have his machine polished.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I'd pay £50 no problem for that, £100 if I knew the guy doing it was on the ball and had a good rep on the forums etc.

A Fcukin Car
Rich said:
Ha ha its more than just a wash. If you can find someone willing to detail your car for 8 odd hours for a fiver your doing well. Ask Al how much he paid to have his machine polished.

Suppose it is lol, no wonder I was getting wierd looks at Trax when I was asking ppl if they would wash my car for a fiver!!

I just couldn't imagine spending either that much time or money polishing and waxing ect, I would rather be driving :)

CS Dungeon
The Big Yin said:
To have the works done to your car i.e.

Washed
Clayed
Then pc'd web removal , polish then waxed
tyres done
windows polished

Some people will pay for quality, I have packages in excess of £200 used fairly regular

RS Clio 200
id pay 100 for getting rid of all swirls... and upto 200 for getting rid of all the stone chips as well

LY V6 with Recaros
I'd rather do it myself, but if the condition of the paint was really bad, I'd pay the money providing it was someone who I knew was really good and preferably recommended off here. I'd pay Rich to do it! :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Rich said:
To get it to standards that I would be happy with all depends on the paint shape. Wash and clay, light swirls removed, glass and trim can be done in say 4 hours with a couple of you doing it. Deeper swirls and working on your own can easily push that into 6-10 hours.

Brazo and myself spent near on 12 hours each on the Black CSL we did, no way that you will get that for 50 quid.

Eh??!!
I just get the mop out, some G3, whip it round, hand glaze it, polish it, do the windows, trim etc, on my own, in about 5 hours.

rich, you're obviously far too careful!! ;)

renault trophy 182
hi there just wondered what sort of wax clay u lot polish ur car with im putting my clio trophy away for winter and want to give it a good goin over before its got a few swirl marks on the bonnets wouldnt mind gettin rid of them. cheers

106 GTi
Wax and Clay wont sort your swirl marks, you will need a decent Polish to sort them out.

You working by hand? To remove swirls will take some real elbow grease, worth trying something like Meguiars Scratch X applied with a folded terry towel.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
£80 is a bargain really. I full job will take about 8 hours then their is the cost of the products and polish and wax isn't cheap.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I have bad swirls on my clio, I need paint rectification badly. been phoning round but it looks like i'm going to have to travel to get it done.

RB 182
I have bad swirls on my clio, I need paint rectification badly. been phoning round but it looks like i'm going to have to travel to get it done.
I believe that shooter travels to do details, might be worth sending him a PM or catch him on Detailing World.

I generally charge £20 an hour or £200 a car less for clios

A lot of my work comes from correcting G3 and a quick mop ;)

M

mouthyman

is anyone here local or travel to bedfirdshire. i have a black mk1 in desperate need of a proper wash and polish with a PC, it has swirls all over and i really want it fixin, anyone?

Abarth Grande Punto
personally i would rather do it myself! I dont believe in shelling out money for labour if you could do it yourself!

personally i would rather do it myself! I dont believe in shelling out money for labour if you could do it yourself!

I agree much of the cleaning can and could be done yourself, however what the difference is between doing it yourself and getting a professional to do the job is;
  • you don't have to spend hours or days doing it by hand when you could be out earning or driving.
  • many don't have access to a machine polisher or know how to use it safely
  • don't have access to many different grades of polishing compounds to remove or reduce swirls/marring etc safely
  • don't have access to paint thickness gauges to know if there is enough paint to work with
  • don't have access to a range of clay bars, glazes, sealants and waxes
As I say its not beyond the enthusiast as long as they are willing to spend the time and money. About 50% of the work I do is actually for enthusiasts who just want the paintwork brought back to a point where they can keep on top of it.

Mouthyman, drop me a PM if you want to I'm fully mobile and travel nationwide working on all sorts of cars.

Der Panzer
I'd rather do it myself, but if the condition of the paint was really bad, I'd pay the money providing it was someone who I knew was really good and preferably recommended off here. I'd pay Rich to do it! :)

I'd pay £100 to watch Debs wash her car in a wee white tshirt. :cool:

enthusiasts who just want the paintwork brought back to a point where they can keep on top of it.

That about sums me up. I've been on a learning curve re: car cleaning since getting my clio, and there's a few things I wish I'd known when I started washing it. It's in OK shape (I think), but I really need the paint taken back up to a better standard if I wanted to start over again.

Alan - probably in spring for a PC for me mate? ;)

(might see you on Sunday)