ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you.......

When Renault eventually launch the new Clio, what would you like it to be like? What would you like to see on it, and what wouldnt you want them to do?

320d M Sport

Bonnet bulge for sure ( i think they should have put a vent or bulge of some kind on the 172). Recaros, brembos. that should do it!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Viper stripes as standard, same shape as the new Megane, 5 door only (with estate option), shark fin aerial, standard towbar, flower vase on dashboard.

Engine options:

0.6 litre low-torque petrol
0.8 litre n/a diesel
electric milk-float optional
Thatll give those Pug 180s something to think about...

Audi S3

Bulge/vent for sure!

4wd turbo would be nice too! that would piss on the focas cosworths bonfire should they decide to make one! :D

Matt

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 19 January 2003

Viper stripes as standard, same shape as the new Megane, 5 door only (with estate option), shark fin aerial, standard towbar, flower vase on dashboard.

Engine options:

0.6 litre low-torque petrol
0.8 litre n/a diesel
electric milk-float optional
Thatll give those Pug 180s something to think about...

is that the standard shark fin aeriel ? or the premium one with flashing lights and motion sensor.

Cause I got to be honest but that could sway it for me..

I think the next RenaultSport Clio has to be more like the 16v/Williams in terms of body style - and by that I mean all the panels bar the doors, boot and roof have to be "beefed up". I think the 172/Cup is a good-looking car, but it doesnt look far enough removed from the lesser models.

I can see that a Turbo 4WD Clio would take the hot hatch to the next level, but I dont think they could do it for a price near enough to the current RenaultSport model - the 172.

I think a 4WD Turbo Clio would be more of a Clio V6 replacement, unless the marketing consumer clinics revealed that people would pay £20k for one and buy them in sufficient numbers so that it was a genuine 172 replacement in sales terms.

Deffinately needs more aggressive/motorsport designed wheels as with 16v/Williams/Cup , current 172 rims are too friendly looking.

Bonnet vent of some sort giving emphisis to performance motor, even Cooper-S has one, abeit ugly.

More Renault factory fit options ie Performance/bodywork. Similiar to the new Minis Salt/Pepper/Chilli packs offered by BMW, we could have the LeRoule/Camembert/Roquefort options.

I hope too that Renault avoid using the Meganes rear to come in line with the present range.

I cant see them adopting what theyve done wtih the megane. Bearing in mind it will probably me a nissan micra with a new shell, i fear theyre going to have to make it a bit MPVish as is the current trend, though a performance model is something renaults small hatches have always had, so heres hoping theyll give it that sporting look like the latest ones.