ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what you use to clean car

clio sport rs 200
i use mostly meguirs with some autoglym products but feel the 3 stage meguirs for all that work doesnt last long , what do you all use and does it last long:star:

Not got a car
Mine is, in order of:

Chemical Guys - Maxi Suds II
Chemical Guys - Speed Wipe
PoorBoys - Black Hole
Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Finish
Dodo Juice - Orange Crush or Dodo Juice - Banana Armour

Wheels:

Chemical Guys Wheel & Rim Cleaner or Valet Pro - Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Poorboys - Wheel Sealent
Mequiars High Gloss Trye Gel

Mostly once a week

Black Gold Trophy
Nah the megs 3 stage stuff is crap aimed at your average halfrauds customer. Does not last at all! To polish properly meguiars professional products are amazing! You can get them from I4Detailing who usually do a discount for cliosport club members.

Then you want to top off with a good sealant and or wax, cant say anything I've bought from I4D has not been good!

Golf GTD Mk7
i use mostly meguirs with some autoglym products but feel the 3 stage meguirs for all that work doesnt last long , what do you all use and does it last long:star:

Waste of money mate. don't bother with. AG isn't too bad, but if you really want to get into detailing stuff give Matt at i4detailing a message and i'm sure he'll advise you.

Meguiars shampoo plus (amazing stuff)
Wax/Sealant, there are loads that last various time - I use poorboys sealant and dodo juice wax (sealant before wax, not the other way round).
Polish wise again there are lots. I use the menzerna stuff.

You can go to town on this sort of stuff. it's bad when the cupboard for cleaning your car contains stuff more expensive than the car :D

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Rinse down with PW.
Snow foamed, either normally stuff, of Citrus snow foam.
2 bucket method using Megs Shampoo +, or Zymol shampoo.
AG SRP'd
Dodo juice light fantastic wax
AG EGP'd.

Wheels are cleaned with I4deataling bright wheels, dressed with AG instant tyre dressing.

kitchen-scourer-430x300.jpg

ibiza cupra
duragloss 901
mer or auto glym super resin polish
auto smart liquid wax (trade use only not available in shops ;))
auto glym wax sealant

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As of tomorrow when i get all my new stuff:

Pressure Wash
VPro Snow Foam
2 Bucket Method with Halfords Shampoo*
Auto Glym SRP
Auto Glym EGP

Bilberry for wheels
AG Fast Glass for the glass

*Some people will cringe at the thought of using halfords own 2.5l £6 shampoo but after trying a lot of brands i find it cleans the best and dries 100% completely streak free which makes drying it easier, even with a towel.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^have you tried Megs shampoo +, or zymol shampoo yet?
Zymol yes, and i didnt find it as good, which is the reason i haven't tried megs +. Although i am quite tempted by it with all the rave reviews recently.