ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whatl look best

a twin exit 3inch double exhaust (i1 backbox on either side)

a big oval shaped 1,from the middle of the bumper!

or sumthin mad?

heres a pic of the back but its delocked and dewiperd,and i a lot lower to the ground now oh yeah and itl al be the same colour

i posted this on the rsc site as well!! i wonder whatl get most replies;)

http://www.chet-irl.com/rustyarchs/pic3.jpg

ben p-its a saxo predator bumper,sadly link dont work mate :( i think its ok on mine cos its a kreg so dont they have diffrent fuel tanks??

shorty i cant tell if ur takin the piss or just mad!!its a peugeot 205 t16 rally spoiler!!any photos of ur milk float;)

gotta admit i dont like it from the back either but when u see it its a lot better cos its actually very curvy!!

take it u guys are all to young to remember bclass rally cars huh:eek:

anyway this posts bout ma exhaust not the spoiler or cant u guys read either??so post bout exhust then sl*g aff spoiler ok

come on guys give him a break, i like the spoiler mate and we wanna be better then rsc dont we.i think a twin 6x4 oval one in each outer mesh bit would look the tits mate

cheers moddin i gotta say that would look preety sweet!!

im not botherd what those guys say ones got a milk float lol and the others got a 1.2 on 20s!!like whats the point in that id be so slow the milk float would beat it!! and u can just imagine his crappy little standard brakes through the 20s(well thats if he really has them)

Some jesters been and stuck a bloody ironing board on your boot mate.

each to there own!

Theres a Rt around here somewhere with a centre oval pipe looks daft and not very often i see the back of it but the pipe has to hang down low for some rerason, may not be very compatible with your lowering.

Twins, or just a decent single- lot less hassle and you dont really need 2 pipes?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

rusty m8 i recon a side exit wither side at the rear of the car, put the pipes come out from underneath then up the side of the car a bit then bend out would look nice if u get some polished pipes made.

malice i just replied to ur post mate on rsc lol

weird how i got more answers from rsc however no 1 sl*ged aff my car;)

just proves chris and the lads right dont it

No id just say that your paranoid.

Theres a big difference between sl*gging off and having a laugh, reread the thread and it may become apparent.

You ask for a opinion so expect opinions, ive seen a centre exit exhaust exactly how you want it and its not good - told you that 2 pipes is going to cause grief as did ben P what more do you want.

Is that the same chris who can get williams for £500 mint by any chance?!

Quote: Originally posted by rustyarchs on 23 June 2003

malice i just replied to ur post mate on rsc lol

weird how i got more answers from rsc however no 1 sl*ged aff my car;)

just proves chris and the lads right dont it

Its true though, ask for opinions, get opinions. I remember B class rallying, but I dont remember 1.4 RTs with enormous spoilers. It kind of says boy racer to me, but thats just me and I totally respect your right to do what you like to your car.

The RSC and Cliosport just have a slightly different set of users. Im not interested in getting a low powered car and making it look faster than it is, or even making an over accesorised fast car. If I was, Id head to RSC (thats not meant to be an insult, by the way). Its just different people want different things from their clubs.

Id personally recommend you dont do anything with exhausts, but i have a feeling you have your heart set on it!

Please dont take this post as slating you, just my own opinions on the modifying scene.

Rhys

ok reread the thread and guess what= still say they were sl*gn aff the car!! so nope not paranoid!!

yup asked for opinons for exhaust not the ironing board that some jester stuck on me boot!! think about it,at least u put on the exhaust which is what i asked for where did they put there replies?? maybe u should go and reread it then maybe itl become apparent to u!

knowing chris id probebly say that was him lol

aah here we go again

""Its true though, ask for opinions, get opinions. I remember B class rallying, but I dont remember 1.4 RTs with enormous spoilers. It kind of says boy racer to me, but thats just me and I totally respect your right to do what you like to your car.""

where did i ask for opinions on my spoiler???..reason i put in class b rallying was the hope that some1 had actually seen the t16 then they would have known the overall looks of the spoiler and not a 2 dimensional picture of the back of it

""The RSC and Cliosport just have a slightly different set of users. Im not interested in getting a low powered car and making it look faster than it is, or even making an over accesorised fast car. If I was, Id head to RSC (thats not meant to be an insult, by the way). Its just different people want different things.""

agreed thats why i put it on both forums to see what people think!

""Id personally recommend you dont do anything with exhausts, but i have a feeling you have your heart set on it!""

i feel that the back needs something so an exhaust would fill the void!

""plse dont take this post as slating you, just my own opinions on the modifying scene.""

no offence taken mate!!

Well said.

look at it this way rustyarchs, were mostly talking from experience of the hassle you will have MECHANICALLY they are mostly talking COSMETICALLY

You pay a big price for having a car with a fancy exhaust when it all starts hitting the ground and creaking etc.

Most of us use both forums anyway - if you convince yourselves there competion between the 2 then your joinng a small minority.

The cobra suggestion on there is great in theory, try doing it - isnt going to happen. The reason a cobras pipes come out like that is cos the real ones have v8s with separate pipes on each cylinder - bit of a bastid to get 8 pipes out the ass end so they come out the sides in 2 sets of four. bit ott on any clio.

thats the thing iv no idea what i want so thats why i asked for opinions sadly peolpe didnt even give them and started goin aff about other things!!

i havent sl*ged anybodys ideas bcause im taking them all into consideration b4 it happens!!

thing is mate im one of the few members of both clubs and i try and keep the two of them at peace in some of the other posts that have kicked off thing is the general feeling of the rsc is that if u have an idea/taste/something planned against the minority of people on cliosports then its wrong and ul get slated for it!! its 1 thing to have an opinion its another to voice it to forcefully!!

would be cool but i doubt its gonna happen on the cobra idea

you bugger........i wondered where my surf board went !!

i must admit tho.....i like that rear bumper !!.......looks nice.......would look even nicer if it had a dual exit exhaust !!........one each side...

rusty mate............chill......if you take everything on here so seriously then you aint gonna last much longer....its your taste......if others dont like what you like......then tuff....dont lose sleep on it...........like ive said in a previous thread....if everyone liked the same thing...it would be a very boring world to live in.................atleast everyone now knows it dont take much to make yer bite eh ?? lol

i am chilled thats why after 1 dumass sl*gn aff bit of toast,cracker 4 seperate times without posting anything constructive! i never retaliated and only did so when i got called paranoid which i proved wrong!! so since i withstood the sl*gn till 3/4 of the way down the page till something was said bout me personally id say that also proves it takes quite a bit to make me bite wouldnt u? and when i did id also say that i never got personal or imature i plainly stuck to the facts!!! so like i said i am chilled lol

cheers for the input mate double exit u say!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

I think it looks great as it is! The lower valance has nice clean lines that wont be enhanced by an exhaust. Maybe a twin in the centre like the Cooper S would be nice though. Dont go mad it looks good.

Captain_clio seems to make something of a habit of sl*gging off other peoples stuff, with totally negative and pointless remarks like that should be binned, or that looks like an atrocity, etc., whether it be spoilers, bodykits, or whatever. I wonder what hes done to his own car that makes it so fantastic since he obviously has so much better taste than the rest of us! Please enlighten us mate, then we can all be as great as you. tw*t.

Why not accept that different people like different things, and if all our cars had only one persons taste in styling theyd be as boring as hell! I wish people would give their opinion when its asked for.

By the way, rusty, I agree with the duplex/twin idea, with one tailpipe (round or oval) each side of the car. I think this would look nicer than centre exit.

ok twin it shall be then:D cheers guys i wasent sure what would look best but it seems that the winner

captain clio is prob sum daft wee 15 year old pre pubesant school boy and as such cant actually drive yet so therefor should just ignore said comments

So currently yours looks like the Clio on the right?

That one on the left looks sh*t, it is the definition of bad taste. The car is a 1.4 75bhp car right? So why the hell would you need 4 exhaust pipes? To be honest pal only a 15 year old pre pubesant school boy would think that looks nice, everyone else would laugh. Just get a tasteful replacement exhaust, maybe a single 3 inch or even a twin 3inch, one which would improve sound and looks but wouldnt draw too much attention. Maybe im a boring old sod but thats my opinion!

What i dont get is when people take the piss out of Ford Orions and other sh*t cars on this forum and then they go and do the same on their Clios and think they look cool..

-Rob

U say its been de-wipered? Is that thing stuck on your tailgate to keep the water off?

U hypocrit!! Give but cant take huh!? You start moaning cause everones slating your spolier. Then you start stalting the fact someone has a 1.2, 20s and could be beaten by a milk float. lol.

With that spolier dude, the drag must slow you down so much, its quicker to get from A-B in reverse. Infact theres probably less drag in reverse.

Thing i hate is people slating other engine sizes. Not everyone can afford what others have.