ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the best polish, sealant and wax?

172 cup
for my black 172? Im using just megs nxt gen at the mo. pay day on thursday so im gonna get the best stuff.

106 GTi
Hand use or machine application?

By hand on Black, Autoglym Super Resin, Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection and Poorboys Nattys Blue wax and/either or Pinnacle Souveran Wax for decent looks and protection.

By hand for looks, Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze, Poorboys EX-P Sealant and Pinnacle Souveran Wax.

IMG_3222.jpg

172 cup
by hand at the moment mate. Im tempted to get a pc but will have to wait. How are you applying these? what procedure?

At the moment im washing with megs nxt gen was (2 bucket method)
chamois with autoglym chamois
wax with either megs nxt gen wax or autoglym super resin and extra gloss protection

I didnt realise there was more to do until i discovered detailing world

106 GTi
I would ditch the Megs NXT wash and the wax, I dont rate either.

The shampoo cleans well, but is harsh on waxes and sealants. The NXT wax is poor for durability and there is much easier on and off products. Much better of with the AG combo and a decent Carnuba Wax.

106 GTi
If I was just buying just one, it would be P21s for me, best of both worlds.

Nattys Looks Wetter, Souveran looks deeper but offers hardly any additional protection.

Heres links to pics of both:

NATTYS BLUE

P21s

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Rich said:
If I was just buying just one, it would be P21s for me, best of both worlds.

Nattys Looks Wetter, Souveran looks deeper but offers hardly any additional protection.

Heres links to pics of both:

NATTYS BLUE

P21s

You really have got too much spare time chap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you doing mine..............

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Rich said:
That is 17 months worth of product testing Steve ;)

Bring it down then !

When i get my new one, i'll be there cash in hand................

RB182cup&golf gti
polarbert said:
Whats the 2 bucket method?

one bucket with your shampoo in and the other bucket clean rinse water to rinse your washmitt in once you've cleaned a section of the car - basically to reduce swirling by cleaning the grit off your washmitt and keeping your soapy water clean

Focus ST
I have a black 182.
Took a leaf out of Rich's book and now use AG Super Resin Polish + AG E Gloss Protection + P21s.
Excellent results, can be a little bit time consuming but by no means too taxing to apply and buff up.

106 GTi
P21s is easier on and off, and gives deeper look, Nattys Blue gives a wetter glossier look and is cheaper, can't decide? Easy - just buy both!

1.6 focus zetec....
Lol good idea mate...your car looks good no matter what you put on it judging by the pics...

Is there any shops that sell these and give cliosport discount??

Kiza

1.6 focus zetec....
clean and shiney etc???

Also whilst your reading this thread...whats the crack with newly painted panels?? Can they be waxed or poilished??

Cheers

Kiza

106 GTi
P21s and Nattys Blue can both be purchased from Alex @ http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/ with 10% discount.

New paint - best of asking your painter, but most will say not to seal or wax for 30-90 days, polishing is fine as that will have already been done at the b/shop. If you want to polish it as well make sure you use a pure polish with not a polish and sealant in one.

Titanium 182
just wondering if anyone has any tips for me to sort this:

my 2003 black vts paint looks a bit of mess when iv polished it and the sun is at its brightest, a little swirly or funny, my mate had the car before me and always handwashed it and he was the only other owner!

1.6 focus zetec....
Possibly swirl marks from using a sponge...not quite sure how to sort it but im sure rich the magician will help ya!!

Kiza

Titanium 182
yeh, i dont know much about cleaning cars

i use a sponge to clean it, never put it through the car wash.

sometimes i find it hard to dry aswell, i use a leather chamois (sp), but always feel i need to put polish on it to get it properly clean when its dry.

not sure but i dont think im doing the paint work much good! another thing with the polish on a black car is the amount of dust and white resin that seems to get in all the cracks which looks s**t!

Titanium 182
thanks, id sooner pay to just have the thing done like as i dont know enough to start messing with the paint work lol

1.6 focus zetec....
Lol i know what you mean..i wouldnt use scratch x or t-cut if my life depended on it!!

The rule seems on here that you use 2 buckets and a wash mitt rather than a sponge as it grabs the dir better and doesnt scratch your car....so give that a go!!

With the polish..what are you using??

Kiza

Titanium 182
using this wonder wheels polish, seems ok to me but thats me!

il have to get a wash mit then and try this 2 bucket thing!

anyone want to machine polish my car in the north east?!!

on my black 172 i use autoglym shampoo then megs carnuba wax as it doesnt leave dust or white marks on the plastic bits unlike autoglym resin stuff or turtle wax spray is pretty good for black :)

172 cup
dean sounds like your car needs a once over with a pc mate. Go on www.detailingworld.co.uk you will find a lot on there and everyone is really helpful. I went and asked if anyone wanted to pc my car and got a pm straight away.
right im gonna order me some p21s now

172 cup
rich iv just ordered some poorboys exp sealant and p21s. with the stuff iv got what would i best use in one wash?