ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the best sat nav?

Clio 197
Just started my new job driving for tesco and im looking to buy a satnav as the ones they supply aren't great.

So whats the best sat nav to buy?

Cheers

BG 182
I drive for tesco aswell and just looking at upgrading mine as we don't get given them! Tomtom start 20 or 25 look good.

Tesla MP3 2021
We have just got TomTom Go Live 1000's from work, not used it yet but it looks feature rich. I have never had issues with TomTom's in the past.

Clio 197
I drive for tesco aswell and just looking at upgrading mine as we don't get given them! Tomtom start 20 or 25 look good.

You dont even get given one? That must be alot harder having to use a map all the time lol?

Tom tom live xl looks good. Tom toms are the best by the looks of it then.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
People will say TomTom but from experience of a couple of years with each I'd say Garmin. Plus 'free' upgrade maps for the Garmin are much easier. *shifty eyes*

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I get given a garmin for work..... UTTER SHEITE!!!

TOM TOM all the way IMO, I use my personal one for work when I remember to take it.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Probably either:

1) Povo-spec one
2) Out of date maps

The Nuvi 3790T won Best Buy from Which on the last group test.

Not the maps thats the problem:

-It doesn't track well
-Lets you know about 5yds before a turn
-Doesn't oriantate the map
-Loses signal in the van
-Falls off the windscreen
-Decides to change to pedestrian mode on it's own
-Tries to take you up bridleways! :s

And today it decided that "I'm going to turn off everytime you try and plan a route"

Many swear words where used this morning...

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Maybe you have a bad one, our family had 6 Garmins all great. Even the older ones.

I went through 3 different TomToms and I wasn't overly impressed. I've gifted my old Garmin to my brother now that I use my iPhone 4 with Co-Pilot, which is great by the way. If you have a decent Smartphone I suggest using that over a independent sat-nav.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Yeah There are several Garmins that we use at work each with similar faults, I just grab one out of the box, I suppose it's down to which one you get on best with.
I dont use my phone for work use so thats out of the window, good job I have a decent sense of direction I guess.

Clio 197
Yeh garmin are crap! (well the one I used) it was my first night last night in the van and it made it just made it harder.

Tells you to turn when your about half way around the turn already or even worse have gone past the turn!

Also tells you to go straight past your turning and continue straight on then tells you to turn around about a mile later then go back to your turning you should have just taken in the first place!

Awful IMO I think I will get a tom tom xl live or the go :)