ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the worst car you have owned and why?

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Sorry if this causes offence to anyone, but this was my worst by a country mile

5e21b8e8.jpg

Thanks

Weeksy

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
106 Rallye S1 - fun but ALWAYS in the garage.

Or Mercedes C230 Kompressor sport - about as much fun as turning the light on.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Why the Civic Chip?

Danith, I think the BM and Merc are on the same page here then!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
ep3 civic. Truly awful.

Kinda agree, took a lot of adjustments and little upgrades to make it a decent enough car - was pants as standard (unlike 1*2's).

The engine and box tho are brilliant.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Clio 197 Cup.

Such a disappointment compared to the 182 Trophy, slower, with mpg worse than my M3.

Lasted 3 weeks.

Any reason for the e46 being poor? Other than the obvious floppyness of the cab.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Exactly Dave.

First convertible I had for years, and thought being a 3 litre auto it would be a nippy and solid. It was neither, chewed the juice and was always playing up.

Only upside was it didnt leak!

Clio 1.2 dynamique
This : Sorry if anyone has owned/ owns it now... but it was a pile of rusty, unreliable, dangerous rubbish! Bought in a rush and thought it would be "fun" to drive - the only good thing was the steering - very nicely weighted and direct... shame the brakes felt like the pads were made of icecream!

Blackberry9780280_zpsac2be3cf.jpg

MK3 Clio DCI 86
I see a few people hating the civic ep3! Add me to the list lol.

Only because it was a lemon with everything going wrong! Only had it a month before I sold it for what I bought it for. LOVED the gearbox/engine though.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I think this was the 70HP one. Polo Match. Lovely place to be but dangerously slow. Joining a motorway was not fun!

Yep that's what hers is, it literally has all the power of a childrens beach windmill. The power it does have is in completely the wrong place aswell & it will not rev!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Vectra GSI v6
Had it for a week after swapping it with my VTS. Awful & gutless I dunno what I was thinking

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
My Clio, never really bonded with it.

I dropped it on coilovers then sold it, lol!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Rover 414i utterly sh*t in every way, head gaskets went twice,
luckily the second time I managed to part ex it for a Golf TDI
before the garaged realised i'd pulled their pants down. :approve:

Impreza RB5 #054
Seat Leon Cupra R.

Bought it from a member on here and although it was a nice comfortable fast car, it felt like it was just missing something, hated the interior, felt very very cheap and that's coming from an Impreza previously. Hated the way it delivered its power, hated the steering feel.

I used to wonder why people would moan about them being boring and think they were trolling, but totally understand it now.

Lovely looking cars though, just hated it.
E1BBE178-6C49-417C-B7B7-3495102DF67B-4073-0000032EC33E0EF3_zps73debb0e.jpg

Last edited:
  ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
hahaha, Jay I agree!

I had this, after fitting leather heated Recaros, numerous engine transplants, VR6, 20v turbo, R32 etc, the thing was rotten behind the side skirts. Was horrendous!! Complete turd!!
Golf.jpg

Last edited:
My worst was a '95 Hyundai Avante Auto I had in Korea.
It was awful to drive, looked like a pensioner's chariot and the gearbox failed after 7 weeks!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My BMW 118D m-sport. Was slow, crap on fuel and the ride was rock hard.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Rover 214

Head gasket went twice, had to open the bonnet with a screw driver, could break into it very quickly (didn't really bother locking it), sunroof leaked, very sticky throttle, cut springs, 17'' wolfrace alloys, one of those stick on valances sp? in a diffrent colour, didn't smell right after a mate threw up in it, handbrake cable was so stretched after doing many a handbrake turn you had to park it in gear.

Only good thing was the seats, never sat in anything so comfortable in my life, ended up being donated to Chichester college's mechanics to abuse !

Caterham 270R
Suzuki Ignis Sport , very bad i had it 5 weeks from new back in early 2004 ,It didnt like going around bends without trying to understeer into every lamp post , Tree , hedge , Pedestrians dogs etc..... traded my mk2 Swift gti in for it... Not all bad news got my 182 after that..

H6KGS i want u back :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This : Sorry if anyone has owned/ owns it now... but it was a pile of rusty, unreliable, dangerous rubbish! Bought in a rush and thought it would be "fun" to drive - the only good thing was the steering - very nicely weighted and direct... shame the brakes felt like the pads were made of icecream!

Blackberry9780280_zpsac2be3cf.jpg

Seriously? It must have been badly broken!

Okay the brakes are shockingly dangerous but the steering handling and gearbox are a cracking combo. This one (works pool car) has eibachs and a wider rear axle. Stupid amounts of fun....

eby3e3ur.jpg

Brakes are new which help

I wouldn't want to own it daily right enough.