ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's this fault code then

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Car runs spot on but the engine light came on before. Letters tj-h

891A29E8-89BB-4221-8DA9-558277A03FE1_zpskqd0c7yl.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mmm odd. When back to it and no fault codes after doing the stalk trick. Engine light is still on. Only thing I did different was stick a tenner of normal shell in as I was in a rush. Normally Allways put v power in, the v power wasn't in use. See what it's like on the way to work. If it's still on will stick the diagnostic on

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Sorry not much use, but that's the worse picture ever!

Stored faults
t mean an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds
J means a fault has been noted on the fuel gauge. It must have disconnected for longer than 100 seconds. The resistance from the fuel tank sensor needs to be between 5 and 350 Ohms.
d means an injection signal fault has been detected
h means an oil level sensor fault has been detected. Resistance from the sensor should be between 6 and 20 Ohms. Any reading over 20Ohms is an open cicuit anything under 3 is a short circuit.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Had four people in the car last night, one which doesn't share food. Didn't stall but the revs did drop and clutch was burning.

Latter part is just for dramatics

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My old black 182 would throw the light on every time I put cheap fuel in it.

Every other Clio I've had has run on either but this one seemed very fuel sensitive.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I triggered my pinking sensor on my 172 using cheap fuel once, eml came on