ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats your milage

197-I love!!!
Have had my 182 from new for 16 months-mileage is 11500 ish.Had one service and a replacement rear wiper motor ages ago-apart from that nothing wrong and I love it!

megane coupe F7R
151k valver. Engine runs sweet, only probs had have been the gearbox and an earthing problem. Apart from that just the normall really, tyres pads discs oh and a drive shaft + a wheel bearling lol

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Jan 04 1.4 Dynamique - 14700 miles. All work done under warranty:

Sunroof modification kit fitted cos it kept whistling at me
Low idling problem - throttle body cleaned
Stiff ignition switch - fixed (dunno how lol)

A4 Avant & A3
November 2003 172 cup
Bought on 8k now on 12600.

Rear brake disks corroded and were replaced @ 12k
Strut mod done

Other than that, it's all gooooood

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I got my 04 reg 182 last nov. Had done 8795m now on 16863! only knocking/ engine mount and slight susp rattles. Still on original tyres (just) tho I swopped em round.;)

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
Mk1 Rsi on 69k, with valver lump on 63k, only problem has been brake hoses which was sorted straight away, all running mint and spot on

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
53 reg (dec 03) 30k - 172 mk2 f/f - from new :approve:

1/ Tight handbrake + squeaking creaking x 3
2/ Suspension knocking/ grating x 2
3/ CD Changer given up x 6
4/ 4k whine x 2
5/ Rattly steering wheel x 1
6/ Engine cover loose x 2 (alan x 1 - well plaid)
7/ Fuel rail guard loose (nice one) x 1
8/ Cruise not always engaging x 1
9/ 12k service (£325!)
10/ 24k service (£90!)

All guid

172 cup 03 reg April 03 - 2nd hand, 1 year and 1 month in my ownership - 44,8k
1/ Loose engine mounts x 2
2/ Rattly exhaust x 1
3/ Alarm issues x 2
4/ Aerial nicked x1
5/ 12k service? who knows
6/ 24k service £320 (paid by work)incl tyres
7/ 36k service £400 (paid by work)
8/ Suspension knock rear offside x 3

all guid - not mine all the time however

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
05 182 full fat.Done 5600 miles and had the temp sensor fixed the other week.Thats it really

ian

2003 172 Cup, 50000+miles.

The usual rattles etc

Power steering pipe split causing Aux belt to slip and snap, at 24,000.

4k rattle and a new centre section on zorst.

Rear off side shock pissed all it's oil everywhere, got replaced.

LHS engine mount has been replaced about 6 times and a gearbox mount once.

The biggest problems are the tyres, discs and pads seen to have some sort of premature ageing thing going on and me fugging licence keeps FROing to get convictions put on it.

Clio 182
Easter 2004 182
Approx 19,000 miles
1 standard service
Cd player and ignition key barrel changed under warranty.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
2500 miles - 05 plate,
minor problems = rattle from seat belt... dodgy speakers. not too bad really.
just had a replacement sensor fitted on the zorst.

106 GTi
March 05 - 2400 miles

Alarm sometimes does that odd beeping thing, failed to start once not long after delivery. Looking to have the troublesome leaky rocker cover bolt.

March 05 - 9800 miles

Exhausts had to be adjusted due to resting on the bumper. Exhaust plastic trim (right side) fell twice, 2nd time used haroldite to glue it on! Is now off at the minute :(

September 2002. 59k Not that many problems alarm needed fixing sunroof rattles, preheater earthing issue (possible not a problem) and new left had side ball joints etc. (thats on the diesel)

104k on a Williams 2 (or there abouts) no problems a new clutch as old one broke apart from that everythings been fine.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
2002 52 plate 172 Cup on 17753 miles.

Apart from the regular rattles and squeeks its been back to Renault for front strut turret mods to stop that full lock grinding and a windscreen seal that had perished.
Possibly heatshield rattle or centre section is only real cause for concern at this moment in time!
Touch wood

Cam

182 Cup
March 2005 182 Cup, 12,500 miles, had it from new

In 5 times for engine temp sensor about a month of getting it,
Once because rear lights weren't working,
Twice for oil leak due to cam cover which resulted in alot of work including new cam belt, that was after 11k.
Squeeky suspension on full lock but cant be arsed goin back AGAIN!!!

tiTTy & SV650
June 04 182, 24,500 miles

4 oil changes, 5 replacement rear shock absorbers, brake pressure sensor replaced, headlight load adjuster sensor replaced, one replacement mirror glass, tracking done once, 4 replacement PE2's - original fronts lasted 14k miles and original rears lasted 23k (14k on rear, 9k on front) engine oil leak fixed too.

oh and my front brake pads need replaced soon

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
jay said:
March 05 - 9800 miles

Exhausts had to be adjusted due to resting on the bumper. Exhaust plastic trim (right side) fell twice, 2nd time used haroldite to glue it on! Is now off at the minute :(

try some araldite instead ;)

Megane Mk4
March 2005 full fat 182...

milage_16032006.gif

Absolutely no problems with it at all :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
2002 1.2 16v just under 120,000 miles in just under 4 years

all thats been replaced apart from the service items such as pads, disks, filters etc is the coil pack.

sun roof is the only part that rattles (and lowered 60mm its hardly the softest suspension!)

and with all they miles it pulls better than ever, think the inspectors were in the day mine was built lol

GR7

Shiny red R32
Mk2 172 - Jan 2002 - 10,690 miles

Leaky boot (spare wheel well) fixed (warranty)
Ext temp sensor replaced (warranty)

Windscreen washer bottle replaced (local garage)
Air con problem sorted (local garage)
Prob connected to leaking 'blue fluid ??' - needed new part? sorted (local garage)
Exhaust box fell off - new twin Magnex fitted (local garage)

Other than that, it's like new - unmarked! (touch wood) :)

PS: Every now and again (usually after moving passenger seat) a couple of lights on the dash light up and after I jiggle the seat or fiddle with the wires underneath, the lights go off, so can someone please explain what I should have done or how to explain to my garage for them to sort please?

Ta guys!

Last edited:
36000, 172 MK2 Full Fat

new rear shocks, new tyres, oil sensor light reset, new steering arm.

f**king rattles!!! tis lowered tho...

Monaro VXR
2002 1.2 16v expression did 16k in mine no problems at all went in for 1 service in that time and for the suspension recall and that was it. was sold with 16k on it at 3yrs old.

Only things i replaced was 1 punctured tyre that had been run flat for a short time when my dad borrowed it and a set of wiper blades.

Best car i had ever owned cant say the same about my new one unfortunately moved to a Citroen C4 and since november had 2 recalls and numerous other small things replaced and various rattles cured. Still love the car though.

LY182/NHB CTR
172 02 - brought it Nov 2004 had 19k on the clock now has 39k on the clock had the usual tyres brakes exhaust and serviced and change oil and filter every 6000 miles.. and waiting for the problems

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
clio 1.2 8v 2000- 52k, no real faults other than when u start from cold u press on the gas in it seems to stall itslef, put more gas and fuel doesnt seem to be going through :S

Clio 1.2 16v 51plate- around 45K, sunroof is annoyingly creeky! cold starts are a bit annoying and thats all i can think of.

Hon

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
mk2 clio 172 cup on a 03plate - 44k
however i bought it last week and so far ive done 112 miles :)

182 Cup, (2nd one)
182 cup 54 plate. done 11200 miles
renault hadn't tightened up the steering rack when it left the factory,
had it in for engine mounts, broken ecu bracket and faulty temperature sensor