ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel fitment and sizes explained?

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
Hi all, I'm looking to purchase some aftermarket alloys at some point in the future and i'm just wondering a few things about the fitments.
Firstly my car is a 1.4 mk2 54 reg clio and I am looking at upgrading to some 16" alloys.

1. Is their a certain wheel width that fit or is there a maximum i.e 7j or 9j

2. What are the effects of having staggered wheels? does this just mean wider wheels are the back? I ask this because i have seen certain types of alloys, particularly deep dish style, that are physically different or have a deeper dish on the rear wheels.

3. What tyre sizes will fit best on 16" alloys for both a stretched look and for a standard sporty look?

I know deep dish alloys such as lenso bsx aren't to everyone's taste but i've been looking at those and turinis so far as these seem to be the best looking in my personal opinion so hoping to get some advice on what fits are best or what sizes are actually possible before I spend any money.

Thanks in advance
Matt

twingo
http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator if you find wheels you like, enter their measurements such as their offsets onto here as well as your current wheel offsets and widths etc. this will tell you how further they stick out or poke out of your arch. this should help you at least. stay away from cross plies, they are not made readily anymore for a good reason they are bloody dangerous compared to a radial.

twingo
staggered sizes for example the same alloys but 7j on the fronts and 8j on the rear with say 195's on the front and then 205's on the rear would give you a more stable back end. the opposite way around would give you better grip on the front, but a less stable rear end.

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
So what exact tyre sizes could be recommended for 16" 7j alloys to have a sporty / slightly stretched look?