ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel spacers

E92 M3, BG 182
Hi,

I’m wondering what the benefits are of fitting wheel spacers, and what would be the recommended spacer widths for a 182 on Eibach Sportlines with standard 16” wheels (I think ET43 offset?)

Thanks,
Dave.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
A lot can be down to personal preference. Some prefer the wheels spaced and say it handles better, likewise some prefer no spacers and say it handles better.

With the standard wheels, you'll be wanting either 16mm front spacers or 20mm front spacers and 10mm rear hub spacers (to have it sat nicely), although I've recently changed to 5mm fronts and 10mm rear and much prefer how the car handles like that tbh, it feels a lot more direct and sharper, but it will also depend on suspension and overall car setup.

E92 M3, BG 182
I’m all about direct and sharp handling so I wouldn’t want to upset that. I’ve got a non FF 182 with standard front struts, cup rear shocks and lowered on Eibach Sportline springs, oh and camber bolts on the front set to 1 degree negative. I might try some hub centric spacers to see what the difference is - sounds like it’s very much down to individual driver preference

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Get lower offset wheels, 35 or 38 is ideal and you don’t need spacers.

What wheels you thinking?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
In my experience, spacers didn’t effect the handling much. It tramlined a bit but that was on a bad road I’d never driven before. And it tried to step out at 100 on track under hard braking, but then I’d never entered that corner at 100 before.

I think they look better but are pointless from a handling point of view.

monaco 172
I run 18mm pms hubcentrics on the front and 10mm stub axel spacers on the rear. Looks great on standard 172 wheels.

Can't say as I noticed any difference to the handling but I don't track the car or drive like a loon on the roads

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I run 20mm front and 15mm rear on my 182
Doesn't affect the handling in any noticeable way but I only use the car on road so not like it matters that much and imo it looks much better! Lol