ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels and lowering

Can someone please clear up a few things for me. I want to put some alloys on my 96 1.4RT and dont know what size to go for. Shall i go for 15" with a 30mm(ish) drop, or can i get 16" wheels on without any arch work?
Also i would like to know it there will be any sort of rubbing if i do either of these, as i quite often have 4 or 5 people in the car.

Cheers everyone

Phil

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

16s will fit but i suggest 15s with about 50mm drop and have the rear torsion bar at the same, no lower than a max of about 55mm on the back and u will be able to get every one in with no scrubbing.

my old 1.2 was dropped 60mm on 15s with a 36mm offset and they fitted fine,just had to grind the lips off the rear arches and remove the inner arch gaurds.i went up to 16s later(as u do!) but these used to catch a lot cos i used a 43mm offset which i thought would be ideal but wasnt,so if your going bigger than 15s stick to the original 36mm offset.

Im having same kinda problem. Im wanting alloys decent enough to fill the HUGE wheel arches, yet also have it really lowered at the same time. I was going to get some 15" alloys and have it really lowered. But I liked the thought of having 16", but then how low cud it go with them on? However, I rarely carry 4 people in the car. Mostly me and sometimes the girlfriend. If you were me, what would you do? What should I go with? 15" or 16"??? Advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Ice Phoenix.

BMW 320d Sport

Clio offset is 36mm.

On a CLio which is not a 16v or Willy, you will get 15s straight on, even with a bit of lowering. 16s will be more of a struggle cos then you end up running at least a 195 tyre which means arch scrub.

Hey ICE Pheonix, I would get 15" rims (cheaper, easier to fit, better acceleration, cheaper tyres etc etc) and them slam it to the deck.

It would look wicked and would accelerate/handle better than if on 16"s. Just my opinion thought and Im sure many would disagree and say go for 16"s.

On my car I want to make the most of any performance it has, so I have kept the original 14" alloys and am going to drop it as much as I can.