ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where’s My Horn Gone

Driving to work earlier today, and a mate of mine drove past me...

As u do, he beeped me, and the I replied...problem is there was no horn, so instead I had to flash my lights.

Been trying to use it all day, and it hasnt worked once.

Does anyone know wot the problem could be?????

Far as I know, this is also an MOT failure as well isnt it?

Either a bad connection on the horn ( behind the drivers side fog light), or the horn button needs a good clean ( just keep tapping the horn push to clean the connections).

Dave

Quote: Originally posted by Illusion on 14 October 2003

Driving to work earlier today, and a mate of mine drove past me...

As u do, he beeped me, and the I replied...problem is there was no horn, so instead I had to flash my lights.

Been trying to use it all day, and it hasnt worked once.

Does anyone know wot the problem could be?????

Far as I know, this is also an MOT failure as well isnt it?

Ive got the same problem mate, yes its a MOT failure - how do i know that? cuz my valver failed on just that!

Easy fix tho - if you check your fuses you will see its prob blown the horn fuse, replace it, get under the car (passenger side) and remove the plastic skid plates. reach up and remove the spades from the horn (u should have 2 horns under there) basically its a bad earth, clean the sades and slap them back on

thats what i done and it worked.

If it aint the fuse it prob the connection.

Mine done it i put a new spade connecter on and checked the link wire to the second horn, crip the new connector down tight once its on.

1999 1.2 clio grande
Re: Where’s My Horn Gone

i have got a similar problem with my daughters 1999 clio 1.2 a have checked the fuse and have had a multi-tester on the relay power is ok it only has a single spade connecter at the horn end. reading the above posts about a "second horn" whereabouts is this if this model has one?