ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where can I get a brand new bonnet

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im after a brand new clio mk2 bonnet. I have done a bit of searching but nothing is coming up.

Where can I buy one brand new ?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I had ordered a OE wing for my Vauxhall years ago but the painter said he'd get me a pattern that would be just as good..

Regretted it.. Fit like aids and wasn't anywhere near as good as Vauxhalls..

Go to Renault or make sure it's not pony...

Megane 225 f1
Euro car parts do a range called platinum plus those are the ones to get. You pay a little more but they are better quality.

id go genuine! bought a pattern part bonnet for a previous 206 i had it was thin as hell and the front dented in first time i shut the bonnet! ended up binning it and bought genuine

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
If you use your palm to close a bonnet then you deserve a dent.
you just drop it from the correct height. Simple

oh and the platinum plus ones on euro are 88 quid and I saw one the other day and they look fine.

I'm tempted to buy one myself as my bonnet is dented from the previous owner

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If you use your palm to close a bonnet then you deserve a dent.
you just drop it from the correct height. Simple

oh and the platinum plus ones on euro are 88 quid and I saw one the other day and they look fine.

I'm tempted to buy one myself as my bonnet is dented from the previous owner
You dont have link do you? I cant find them.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
What about the paint colour? Will I have to get a professional respray and how much would that cost?

Yes, you'll need it painting. Ideally it'll want blending in too I would think. Cost wise, you get what you pay for. If I got change from £300 I'd be surprised (for a decent job)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I ended up buying the bonnet that Diagro linked to and it is a really nice unit, very sturdy. I had it sprayed for £240 bu the best local spray shop. I could have done it cheaper from back street spray shops but didnt want to risk it.

Clio with a body kit
Glad it turn out well and was a good unit. I bought a new bonnet from Renault last year and I think I paid around £180.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Glad it turn out well and was a good unit. I bought a new bonnet from Renault last year and I think I paid around £180.
Makes all the difference having a nice bonnet with no chips or dents from people push closing it.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Your going to have it painted so why not just get body shop to fix dents would be cheaper

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Unless yours has been crashed into why would you possibly need a new one?

Clio Sport 197
801745175 £85.24 on a trade account. I just check on my system :) as I work for euros
£49.13 on a staff account if you know anyone that works for them!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Surely it would be cheaper just having the dents taken out?

Clio with a body kit
Surely it would be cheaper just having the dents taken out?

Depends what your after.
I hit a pigeon in mine and the dent was very small. My old bonnet had a few spots of rust on the underside as well which I wasn't happy with.
After speaking to my mate at the body shop we decided if he had to rub it down treat any rust fill the dent and any other imperfections he could easily spend 2-3 hours which is near enough the cost of a new bonnet.

I chose the new Renault bonnet which turned up perfect. Required very little prep work and Iv got a bonnet which doesn't have filler in it.

I'm not saying that repairing a bonnet is the wrong thing at all but in my case I happily paid a bit extra.