ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where have my scratch marks gone

I usually wash my car at the end of each week as it gets so dirty on the motorway runs. Im sure I use the right technique and wax once a month.

It was sunny yesterday and as I went to wash it, I noticed that in the sun I could see swirl/scratch marks. I know this must of been done by me because all the scratches were in lines rather than swirls. The car didnt quite look as reflective as usual cos the marks were so apparent. Well I gave it a wax with maguires protectant wax and now the scratches seemed to have vanished! The car is reflective again and I cant see no scratches, I dont think I rubbed them out either.

Anyone know how they disappeared? or had similar experience?

well its either you didnt have scratches in the first place (perhaps just wipe marks or something), or the nxt has indeed hidden them, that is what its supposed to do , nxt doesnt have enough cut in it to remove the marks

Quote: Originally posted by Jon_1 on 24 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 23 April 2005Go onto the meguirs UK web site an dthere is a great video of NXt filling swirl marks!

Thats class brazo. Thats the stuff I used.

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/Meg_Videos/TECH_WAX_300.wmv

But he was using the swirling technique! :confused:

you can use the circular technique, but only using the right products, with the right applicators, i.e scratch free ones

renault clio 182 cup

i tryed nxt tech wax the other week for the first time and to say i was impressed with the result is a under statement.:D

It is one of my favourite waxes. ALthough technically it is classed as a paint sealant as its polymer based rather than natural wax based. It contains a small amount of glaze whichreally deepens the paintwork and the finish is just so slick.

Durability isnt its strong point though but as long as you use it correctly it can be improved!

2 x coats 24 hours apart. After apply each coat leave for 30 minutes before removing and try to keep car dry inbetween coats