ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where or what is the clunking noise!!!

clio cup 182
Hi people

So i got clio 182, lately started to hear clunking noise when going over bumps and pot holes, cant work out for the life of me what is it, at first thought it was just the parcel shelf..sounds daft i know but when i took it out i got rid of a lot of rattling but the clunking is still there, looked under neath and nothing seems to be loose, thought it could have been the exhaust..just wondered about peoples thoughts on this.

also one other thing, anyone experience like the car is going to stall when in reverse gear, going slow, like when bay parking or something...

thoughts be appreciated. :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Could be the exhaust, but the knock on mine was the rear shocks gone. Check for signs of leaking etc. Did you buy private or from a garage?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
which side is the knock from? if the knock is on the left put the left side of your car on a kerb and put full lock on to the right and drive off the kerb slowly. if its on the right do the opposite. if there is a creaking/grinding noise then its the ARB bushes gone or as in my case the bolt through the right hand one had snapped clean off so it was no longer attached (although from under the car it looked normal as the nut was still there. if not then possible bottom ball joint/topmounts or anything else.