ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to order plain number plates?

Can anyone direct me to where I can order some plain and legal number plates online for as little as possible pretty please?

Fancyplates do custom ones for circa £20 (cs discount too) with no postcode along the bottom but these won't be legal.

Failing that ebay for about £15 for some with the postcode.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pro plates. Go to the custom section and remove all logos etc. If you want to specify a size then use fancy plates.

Thanks gents. Looks like ebay is the best bet tbh.

Gally, pro plates want to leave their website on the bottom of the plate..no ta.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you go to custom plates you can remove it.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
eBay: Autosounds_direct £10.99 + £1.99 P&P. Delivered the next day.

That's who I used recently.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I will make your plates for you with no logos / markings along as postage costs are covered ;)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I'm needing a set Marc.

Oh rly Marc? I'm in desperate need of some. I'd replace postage costs with beer if you could.

Me too Marc ;)

Before people jump on the band wagon I'm not going to be doing 20+ sets of number plates LOL

I don't mind doing a few here and few there.

These are all Standard size with standard lettering and they are metal plates.
I can include double sided sticky pads with these if you wanted to stick them on or i will supply number plate screws also if you want to drill them to existing holes.

If you PM me your full reg number along with full name & postal address i will get yours posted off LiamR172
gally Djw John i can drop yours off or meet you somewhere.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
eBay: Autosounds_direct £10.99 + £1.99 P&P. Delivered the next day.

That's who I used recently.

I use them regularly and despite me continually asking for no writing or GB badges I always get writing and GB badges.

What am I doing wrong??

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That would be most awesome Marc. What's your drink of choice? Just for the Clio so Y534 KGX. More than happy to come to yours for them whenever

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
That would be most awesome Marc. What's your drink of choice? Just for the Clio so Y534 KGX. More than happy to come to yours for them whenever

I can meet you on friday night after after 7pm mate as I'm getting the turbo out *If Dry*
I don't drink so no need for the alcopops buddy.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Reach round?

You want to go in the middle of us ?

tumblr_lxajrcwypg1r7gch1o1_500.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No. I can't understand your accent so you'll both end up taking advantage of me...

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I use them regularly and despite me continually asking for no writing or GB badges I always get writing and GB badges.

What am I doing wrong??

They won't do no writing, they will always put the postcode on as it's the only way to keep the plate MOT friendly. Also, they have 2 eBay ads, one with GB logo, one without.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Cool that works well for me.

Ah right well I'd like to get you something as a thanks.

Plates all made up with no logos , postcodes or anything else.
Also given you a choice of sticking them or screwing them in. All fixings are there

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Awesome, just fire me a text tomorrow with time and place. I'm firing up to Sponges to get some tyres off him so can collect either side of that, thanks Marc :)

Bump - any sellers on eBay worth looking at ?

I don't want some companies name plastered over them, less is more etc.

I've always used fancy plates.

Don't forget to pop cliosport.net in the comments box and they should give you a few quid off too.

I've always used fancy plates.

Don't forget to pop cliosport.net in the comments box and they should give you a few quid off too.
Where do you put the CS bit in ?
I showed the reg in, went to the next page which was for the delivery address etc, I didn't see a discount bit :confused:

Where do you put the CS bit in ?
I showed the reg in, went to the next page which was for the delivery address etc, I didn't see a discount bit :confused:

At the final page where you're putting in your address etc just add it in the comments box.

Every time I've done it they've charged me full price then refunded a few quid. It's as though it's an automated payment straight away but when they process the order and make the plates they issue a refund of the discount amount.