ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to start with audio?

Clio mk3 1.2 TCE SX
I have got a good alpine headunit fitted in my clio (alpine CDE117BTi) but its just on crappy front speakers at the moment, can anyone help me as where to start.
Thanks Matt

Clio mk3 1.2 TCE SX
my headunit already has that power output so it'll be pointless fitting that. i know i need to uprate the speakers, i asked really to see what type of set up im going to need ie coaxial..? components..? speakers, what to have in the front? and what in the back? etc etc

Megane 225 F1
I think your head unit will be doing 50 max ;)

Link to your head unit just incase I'm wrong.

Polo + Micra
my headunit already has that power output so it'll be pointless fitting that. i know i need to uprate the speakers, i asked really to see what type of set up im going to need ie coaxial..? components..? speakers, what to have in the front? and what in the back? etc etc

yeah your head unit will be 4x50 w Max (same as all alpines have been for the last 4 years ish)

4x45w RMS is a decent amount from a plug and play amp

182, 6r GTi
i just changed my head unit to a kenwood 4x50 and the sound was 10 times better then ran a cbr10 vibe sub and sound is prety damn good

MK3 PH2 1.2
I'm an edge kind of person, got on the way 5.25'' front speakers and 12'' 900w sub :) just gotta sort out a headunit !

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i found edge to be abit tacky... the green fusions were far better.

a mates just fitted some hertz components $150 but they sound awesome... there worth going for depending on your budget

clio 1.2 blue
If you have a alphine head unit, try inphase. There a good match and found them to be on the levels of the top audio makes but an affordable price

Polo + Micra
edge NO
fusion NO
inphase NO

there are far better makes out there just depends on your budget

Clio mk3 1.2 TCE SX
what im looking at doing is doing it in stages so gonna do the front first then work back, whats best speakers at budget? (But not tacky Sh1t)

Stripped yozza'd cup
what im looking at doing is doing it in stages so gonna do the front first then work back, whats best speakers at budget? (But not tacky Sh1t)

On a serious budget, I'd go for the infinity's that were posted earlier.... although personally I'd say it's 100% worth saving the extra few quid and getting something nice. JL audio pops up cheap on Ebay pretty frequently, I'm a bit of fan boy of JL stuff.... superb quality.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Ok just to back track a little bit!!

the stock speakers in the clio are by blaupunkt, which is actually a very good audio brand!

if you want to make a proper differece, and do the car audio thing properly,
start by taking out the skeaers and lining the surrounding metal with dynamat, the inner and outer door skin,

the further you do this, the better. best to do the full door and stop there.
you can do the whole car but this will be expensive and the stuff weighs quite a bit!!

then change all the existing audio wiring with a higher grade wiring. the stuff that comes with the car is pretty crud, and go for something like 16awg wiring.

Then save for some very nice speakers, components by a brand such as DLS, not anything off the shelf at halfords.

that would be how to start with audio PROPERLY!

ITB BG 182
Problem is, to change the wiring within the door speakers is not as easy as you think. Its on two plugs between the doors and the bulk of the car. Yea you can drill through and completly re-wire but is it really worth all that hassel?

All i did was change the front speakers for some thing better, left the tweeters as is and now looking at buying a decent amp for my alpine sub. I tried crossovers but it looks like more of a b**ch than what its worth.