ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which amp for Components & Where to put my Amp/Amps?

Hi,

I had a amp/sub setup in my pervious car (a bloody great big 12" Pioneer 3000W SPL DVC jobby), now I've got my 182 with the stock stereo I do miss having it. I haven't changed speakers or the headunit yet but these will be done in due course. I'm fairly sure my bass needs won't be met from components alone so will be looking for something smaller, perhaps a ported 8-10".

I have an Alpine MRD-M605 which I will be re-using as it is rather small and powerful.

I don't think it quite fits under the driver or passenger seat but need to double-check this.

I was wondering if anybody else has put their amps elsewhere other than the boot? I thought about making a small box for it to sit in the footwell behind the passenger seat, under the mat.

Also can anybody recommend a small amp for some components? Possibly thinking about having it in the glove box?

Any help would be great,

Thanks

BennyC

Mounted on the back of the rear seat?
Doesn't take up any room that way.
Not sure on any others sorry lol!

Other than the boot :rasp:

I could mount it with velcro or something similar though would prefer to have just the sub in the boot.

I deffinatley don't want to drill or screw into anything. I'll be strapping the sub in on the hooks behind the back seats.

Was thinking I might be able to fit them on the back of the front seats in the little pouch that's if they don't fit under the seats. Either that or I'll have to make a false floor in the foot wells. Could be an interesting little project!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Make sure you BOLT the sub in!
Or if you ever intend using brakes - wear a helmet lol